ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Settlement Visa from India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrz92
Newly Registered
India

Spouse Settlement Visa from India

Post by mrz92 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:48 pm

Hi,

I am due to apply for a spouse settlement visa from India. My husband is a British national. I would like to know the requirement for accommodation, sponsor letter.

Accommodation:

My husband lives with his brother as a licensed occupier in the property, is the following document enough to prove the adequate accommodation,
a. Tenancy agreement showing my husband is a licensed occupier.
b. Letter from husband's brother and wife confirming they don't have any objection accommodating my husband and myself rent free.
c. Letter from the estate agents confirming my husband is a licensed occupier.

Please note that the house is a three bedroom detached, with two additional rooms.

Sponsorship letter:

Address : Mention UK address here

I, 'name of sponsor', wish to invite my wife 'applicant name' to join me in the United Kingdom. I am a British national in full time employment as an 'job title' at 'Sponsor's Employer' and I hold British passport no. 'Passport No'. I am writing this letter in support of her settlement visa to join me.

My wife is an Indian national holding Indian passport no. 'Passport Number' that is valid from DD/MM/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY. My marriage to my wife was arranged by both our families. We met on DD/MM/YYYY in 'Place' where she had been studying for her degree. Upon mutual liking and agreement to marry, we had an engagement ceremony on DD/MM/YYYY. Subsequently, our marriage took place on DD/MM/YYYY in 'Venue, details'. After the wedding my wife and I spent a significant amount of time together in India and a few days in 'Honeymoon' followed by her visit to the UK in MM/YYYY.

She is currently in the process of completing her compulsory internship in 'organisation', in order to obtain her degree and is expected to complete by MM/YYYY. Evidence of her education and internship has been provided (Annexure A).

I have been in constant contact with her and have visited her several times since the start of her internship. I plan to visit her in MM/YYYY and intend for her to travel with me on my return to the UK on DD/MM/YYYY. Evidence of our relationship and the subsistence of our marriage has been provided (Annexure B).

I can confirm that she will be staying with me at the residence in the 'mention address above' address. Evidence pertaining to the same has been provided (Annexure A). I commit to covering all of our expenditures and fully support my wife financially, without recourse to state aid in any form. The financial conditions as per the visa requirement, have been successfully met and the proof for the same has been provided (Annexure A).
I would greatly appreciate it if you would kindly consider her application and issue the settlement visa to join me in the United Kingdom.

Yours faithfully,

'name of the sponsor'

Is this letter ok as a confirmation from the sponsor,?
Letter from employer, payslips, P60's will be attached as well.

Will be really appreciated if could get a response regarding the matter above. Thank you.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse Settlement Visa from India

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:19 pm

All these information are mentioned in your letter are already on your application for the caseworker to see.

Probably paragraphs 1,2 and 4 add any value the rest are weak. The fact that you are applying to sponsor your wife shows that you wish to live with them, you will support them financially etc.

You may want to emphasize more on the background of the relationship and how you maintained a relationship whilst apart such as visiting each other, sending money for maintenance etc/.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

mrz92
Newly Registered
India

Post by mrz92 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:17 pm

Thank you for your response! 😊
So you’re saying that I should elaborate in the letter about how my husband wishes to sponsor me and about our accommodation and relationship?

Since ours is an arranged marriage we don’t have much of a background before our engagement. And my education and internship is a part of our relationship since that’s the reason we haven’t been able to live together. I already have a separate annexure for our relationship evidence including photographs of his visits, chat history, flight tickets and phone call logs to show how we kept in touch. And I thought it would be simpler to just say that I’ve given all the evidence in Annexure X and to refer to that.
And that’s the same for the maintenance and accommodation! All the needed documents including salary slips and p60s and employment letter are all mentioned in the other Annexure X2.

Would greatly appreciate what changes I need to make. Thank you!

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:48 pm

You can use this space to elaborate on anything that you feel needs further explanation. You will need to judge on areas which your application lacks and use this space to strengthen it.

Whatever you do, make sure you keep it direct and to the point and dont write anything unnecessary.

For example if you wanted to explain more about genuine relationship bit, for example because it is a arranged marriage you may want to say something like:

On 23 March 2017 my parents bought to my attention my husband Rahul as a potential groom.
We communicated via skype, whatsApp etc and realised we were very compatible. We sought to our parents for marriage as it is the tradition in India and they agreed. I include for you screenshots of these chats for your attention.

I travelled to Ahmedabad on 19 December 2017 and got married to Rahul on 27 December 2017 at the Dev Patel Wedding hall. I include for you our marriage certificate and photos from the wedding.

We spent 3 weeks together and travelled India. During our time apart we mainted communication via skype, whatsApp etc

Blah blah blah

We intend to live together in UK permanently and submit to you our settlement application.

Blah blah

you get the idea..

mrz92
Newly Registered
India

Post by mrz92 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:41 pm

Oh I’ve already elaborated a bit in my applicant letter but you’re saying my husband should elaborate the same way in the sponsorship letter as well?
Thank you very much! I shall surely look into this :)

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:46 pm

It's your call there no specific requirement to write this letter but alot of people do as like a executive summary of their sponsorship. If you and your husband both write similar letter it will just be repetitive.

mrz92
Newly Registered
India

Post by mrz92 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:12 am

Alright. Thank you!

mrz92
Newly Registered
India

Post by mrz92 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:34 am

Thanks for all the help.
VISA GRANTED

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:39 am

mrz92 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:34 am
Thanks for all the help.
VISA GRANTED
Congratulations! What documents you attached to achieve success.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mrz92
Newly Registered
India

Post by mrz92 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:25 am

seagul wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:39 am
mrz92 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:34 am
Thanks for all the help.
VISA GRANTED
Congratulations! What documents you attached to achieve success.
Thanks.

The following documents are used for the application,

Application Form & Supporting documents

1. Priority Visa fee receipt
2. Passport size photographs
3. Printed online visa application form - Signed & Dated
4. Appendix 2
5. Receipt for Visa Payment - Email
6. IHS Payment confirmation
7. Applicant’s Documents
  • 7.1.Letter from the applicant
    7.2. Copy of applicant’s current passport
    7.3. Copy of applicant’s previous passport
    7.4. IELTS Test Report
    7.5. Tuberculosis (TB) certificate
    7.6. Evidence of applicant's current studies/profession
8. Sponsorship Documents
  • 8.1. Letter from the sponsor
    8.2. Sponsorship undertaking form - SU07/12
    8.3. Copy of sponsor’s passport
    8.4. Letter from Sponsor’s employer
    8.5. 7 x Months payslips - stamped by the employer
    8.6. 7 x Months bank statement
    8.7. 2 x P60’s
    8.8. Sponsor’s employment history from HMRC
9. Accommodation Documents
  • 9.1. Letter from the Lead tenant / Licenced occupier
    9.2. Letter from the estate agent
    9.3. Tenancy Agreement
    9.4. Letter from the City Council
    9.5. Space Standard Report HA 1985 S325
    9.6. Photographs of the Accommodation
10. Relationship Documents
  • 10.1 Photographs from Engagement Function
    10.2 Husband’s flight itinerary for Engagement travel
    10.3 Wedding Invitation
    10.4 Marriage Certificate
    10.5 Photographs from Wedding
    10.6 Photographs from Husband’s visits to India
    10.7 Husband’s flight itineraries for visits to India
    10.8 Photographs from Honeymoon
    10.9 Husband’s flight itinerary for honeymoon trip
    10.10 My flight itinerary for honeymoon trip
    10.11 Photographs from my visit to the UK
    10.12 My flight itinerary for visit to the UK
    10.13 Husband’s boarding cards
    10.14 Screenshots from husband’s and my Facebook
    10.15 Screenshots from husband’s and my call log
    10.16 Screenshots from husband’s and my WhatsApp chat
    10.17 Husband’s confirmed flight ticket. Potential flight itinerary for applicant’s flight to the UK is the same as his return flight.
Please note that I am not a solicitor/agents/authorized person for immigration advises. This is from my experience. The documents may differ from person to person,

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:11 pm

Very good list no wonder it was approved.