ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missing payment page

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tiffany89
Newly Registered
Grenada

No payment taken

Post by Tiffany89 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:04 pm

Hi everyone, I've sent in my application to the home office for form flr m on the 28 August. I received the acknowledgment letter on the 30 August and my spouse and daughter passport back. I've been checking my account everyday and no payment has been taken out.
Roughly how long does it take home office to take payment.

I'm worried something is wrong.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: No payment taken

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:39 pm

HO fee deducting activity usually is extremely swift. Check tracking that whether your bundles has been delivered at correct place.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

wickham04
Newly Registered

Post by wickham04 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:16 am

I too have had endless issues with payments. Depending on what visa you applied for, the place you send your application is not the same as the one that reviews it. I sent my application to Durham and it was then sent to Sheffield. My wife's passport was sent back to me immediately (a couple of days later) and I also received a biometrics enrolment letter. Did you get a biometrics enrolment letter?

Since, as many have suggested, UKVI are swift with collecting fees, I deduced that Durham normally handles payment and copying spouse passports before the application is sent to Sheffield. It wasn't until my app arrived on the front end processor's desk in Sheffield some 2-3 weeks later that they then chased for the fees (falsely claiming my payment had been declined).

My advice would be:
1. As Seagul suggests, check to make sure you sent the correct form to the correct place. Though I suspect you did because you received your family's passports back.
2. If you made a copy of the application, check that all of your details were entered correctly on the payment page (did you tick the payment amount? - common mistake).
3. Check with your bank that the payment hasn't been declined. You will need to call rather than look at statements as declined payment won't show up.
4. If you think you have done everything right,then complain by email. No amount of letter writing or calling will help get the payment taken.
5. Eventually the front end processor or ECO will write to you and ask for payment. Simply fill out the payment page as they will instruct you and send it back (always use recorded delivery). If you are worried about the payment being declined or the UKVI messing up the payment processing, consider a banker's draft or postal order.

Try not to worry and stay positive. I hope your payment is straightened out quickly.

Tiffany89
Newly Registered
Grenada

Post by Tiffany89 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:52 pm

So I got another letter today saying that my application is now is Sheffield and should take 8 weeks from date they received it. So I'm hoping they will take payment out. 1
I haven't received biometrics letter yet so hopefully soon.
Also I applied for flr m extension.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:43 am

Just keep an eye out on your bank statements, the will soon take payment from you.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Tiffany89
Newly Registered
Grenada

Post by Tiffany89 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:43 pm

4 weeks on and no payment taken. I will try to call home office tonorrow to see if there was an issue taking money out. I havent recieved any other letters apart from acknowledgement letter.

Once again I applied for flr m extension to my spouse Visa. I did 2.5 years already which expired on the 21 sep 18. I have a British born husband and two children age 7 and 1 who are also British.
I'm worried I did something wrong on the form.

Tiffany89
Newly Registered
Grenada

Missing payment page

Post by Tiffany89 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:51 pm

Hi everyone I applied for flr m 4 weeks ago and no payment was taken. I got two letters today from ho. One is missing payment page and one is biometric letter. My question is. Can I tick postal order on this new page and just send them the money that way? Or so it have to be another card payment?.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Missing payment page

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:59 pm

Tiffany89 wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:51 pm
Hi everyone I applied for flr m 4 weeks ago and no payment was taken. I got two letters today from ho. One is missing payment page and one is biometric letter. My question is. Can I tick postal order on this new page and just send them the money that way? Or so it have to be another card payment?.
Thanks
Yes!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Missing payment page

Post by seagul » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:03 pm

Tiffany89 wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:51 pm
Thanks
You can make a postal order of maximum of £250 at £12.50 cost so means you have to make quite more. In my opinion use that card/account you used in past for immigration purposes which will allow quicker payment than slower & expensive postal orders.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.