ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) Visa - Maintenance (and accommodation) requirement

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manilasani
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier 2 (General) Visa - Maintenance (and accommodation) requirement

Post by manilasani » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:08 pm

I have recently applied for my tier 2 (General) visa as a main applicant along with dependent - spouse and dependent - child visas. My sponsor has not sponsored maintenance. I have more than sufficient funds in my account. Therefore, I submitted my bank statement to meet the maintenance requirement.

I just came to know that maintenance is based on two aspects: (i) sufficient funds and (ii) accommodation.

I have, however, not booked any accommodation in UK and provided my sponsor's address as initial accommodation address after their consent, though this consent is not documented in CoS. Note that it is not a residential/ living address. Its a University address. Now, I am worried that my visa could be refused due to non-residential UK address specified on the application form. I am more concerned due to the fact that our Kid will be accompanying us and UK authorities are more strict regarding suitable accommodation of kids.

How can I amend this situation?

--

PS: I have also consulted few people and they mentioned that accommodation is required for only those people who are themselve in UK and trying to apply for their dependents from outsie the UK. Official website states only two conditions for maintenance: (1) certified on CoS from A* Sponsor or (2) have sufficient funds to support maintenance.

I am stressed, can anyone guide me?

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Tier 2 (General) Visa - Maintenance (and accommodation) requirement

Post by cyclina1 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:52 am

no need to worries. Having confirmed home address is not required for entry clearance.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

manilasani
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 (General) Visa - Maintenance (and accommodation) requirement

Post by manilasani » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:54 pm

No such facot was considered (or overlooked), as my visa application has been successfully processed!