ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Update SMS after ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Update SMS after ILR

Post by VirtualWaver » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:41 pm

Hi All,

Could you please advise if my employer needs to update SMS and what exaclty they need to update / write there? Where is that section is located? Thanks.

Mystarch89
Mood:
Malaysia

Re: Update SMS after ILR

Post by Mystarch89 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:29 pm

My thoughts are that after obtaining ILR , it would mean your CoS or any previous visa restriction have all been lifted off yourself as a migrant. And the CoS on the SMS automatically becomes obsolete for the company or it should not have anything to do with the SMS system anymore.

But other senior members might correct me on this.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:39 pm

VirtualWaver wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:41 pm
Hi All,

Could you please advise if my employer needs to update SMS and what exaclty they need to update / write there? Where is that section is located? Thanks.

I believe it will be reported as a change in circumstances, where the employer will say that the sponsored worker no longer require sponsorship because they now have ILR. Your employer should consult the appropriate SMS guide on reporting worker's activity. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... tivity.pdf
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:48 pm

Thanks a lot!