ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Tier-4 dependent apply for Tier-1 Entrepreneur Visa (200k)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asimkfarooq
United Kingdom

Can Tier-4 dependent apply for Tier-1 Entrepreneur Visa (200k)

Post by asimkfarooq » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:27 pm

Hi Admins/All,

I hope everyone is fine. I need some advise.
My brother came to UK on student visa this week. He has valid visa until Jan 2020.
His wife and kids will apply Tier-4 dependent visa next month and then come to UK if visa is granted.

Now I have the following 2 Questions.

1) Is there any time-line where wife/kids of Tier-4 visa holder apply for dependent visa within that period after the main visa holder has travelled to UK already?

2) Once the Tier-4 dependants are in UK, Can the Tier-4 dependent apply for Tier-1 Entrepreneur visa within UK for 200k category? Please note that the main Tier-4 student visa holder will continue his studies.

Please advise, Thanks

Asim Farooq

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Can Tier-4 dependent apply for Tier-1 Entrepreneur Visa (200k)

Post by marcnath » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:19 am

asimkfarooq wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:27 pm
Hi Admins/All,

I hope everyone is fine. I need some advise.
My brother came to UK on student visa this week. He has valid visa until Jan 2020.
His wife and kids will apply Tier-4 dependent visa next month and then come to UK if visa is granted.

Now I have the following 2 Questions.

1) Is there any time-line where wife/kids of Tier-4 visa holder apply for dependent visa within that period after the main visa holder has travelled to UK already?

2) Once the Tier-4 dependants are in UK, Can the Tier-4 dependent apply for Tier-1 Entrepreneur visa within UK for 200k category? Please note that the main Tier-4 student visa holder will continue his studies.

Please advise, Thanks

Asim Farooq
1) No
2) No
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

asimkfarooq
United Kingdom

Post by asimkfarooq » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:06 am

Hi Marcnath/Admins,

Thank you for your reply.
Based on your kind advise, I have another 2 Questions.

1) If someone apply Tie-1 E visa £200k route from Pakistan and get refused, then can they straight away apply for Tier-4 dependent visa? Their Tier-4 main visa holder (husband) is already in UK since Sept 2018. Will it be ok to apply dependent Tier-4 visa? HO/Embassy will not take it as someone is desperate to go to UK? Just asking as per the Visa officer can conclude this above.

2) In how much time one gets response from HO/Embassy when apply Tier-1 E visa £200k route from abroad such as Pakistan?

3) Tier-4 visa holder can apply for Tier-1E visa withtin UK after finishing their degree £50k or £200k route both, right?

Please advise. Thanks

Asim Farooq

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:42 pm

asimkfarooq wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:06 am
Hi Marcnath/Admins,

Thank you for your reply.
Based on your kind advise, I have another 2 Questions.

1) If someone apply Tie-1 E visa £200k route from Pakistan and get refused, then can they straight away apply for Tier-4 dependent visa? Their Tier-4 main visa holder (husband) is already in UK since Sept 2018. Will it be ok to apply dependent Tier-4 visa? HO/Embassy will not take it as someone is desperate to go to UK? Just asking as per the Visa officer can conclude this above.

2) In how much time one gets response from HO/Embassy when apply Tier-1 E visa £200k route from abroad such as Pakistan?

3) Tier-4 visa holder can apply for Tier-1E visa withtin UK after finishing their degree £50k or £200k route both, right?

Please advise. Thanks

Asim Farooq
That was three questions :)

1) Yes, they can. Under immigration rules, it should have no impact unless the refusal was because of fraud or deception. I can't speak for a Visa officers mindset.
2) https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times
3) There are very specific conditions to be met for a Tier 4 to apply for Tier 1 from within UK. https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/ ... ment-funds. It is a 50K route, but I am sure HO has no objection if entrepreneur wants to invest 200K
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

asimkfarooq
United Kingdom

Post by asimkfarooq » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:04 pm

Thank you so much Marcnarth for your help and ya those were 3 Qs :-) :D

Cheers