ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMp Dependant Visa Fee

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Re: HSMP dependent - Maintance Funds clarification link.

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Sun May 11, 2008 6:55 pm

Assuming you are applying from outside UK, please focus on the highlighted text in RED.
If you are applying from within UK, then the following holds good for you.

regards
jk_hsmp wrote:Guys,

Don't worry about the Maintainance funds of maintaing £1600 for each dependent continously for 3 months,

Normally, when applying from within the United Kingdom, you will have to show that you have enough funds, by sending documentation showing you have had savings of at least £800 for at least three months before applying.

Because this is a new requirement and it may be difficult to prove this immediately, we have put transitional arrangements in place for applicants and their family members submitting their applications within the United Kingdom up to and including 29 June 2008.

Up to 29 June 2008, you do not have to show you have had the funds for at least three months before your application. You must only show you have the required funds at the time you apply. The types of documents you need to send to support your application are detailed below. Until 29 June 2008, they do not need to cover the three-month period, but they must be dated no more than a month before your application.

For example, if you apply under Tier 1 (General) on 12 June, a single bank statement with a closing balance of £800 dated between 12 May and 12 June will meet the maintenance requirements. A bank statement dated before 12 May will not be acceptable.

Above text is located in the below URL, have a look!

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... intenance/

If any one sucess getting dependent visa please share the info.

Thank you
Jay

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Tue May 13, 2008 1:55 pm

Hello friends,
any updates with the candidates who applied recently...there was a long discussion and i remember few of them are applying in 1st week...pls post us the updates...

good luck

ammu28

Post by ammu28 » Tue May 13, 2008 8:25 pm

the procesing time is taking nearly one month for FLR
Regards
Ammu

asiar08
Newly Registered

Please adivice

Post by asiar08 » Sat May 17, 2008 10:26 am

Hi All,

Thanks to all of you for valuable information..I will appriciate if anyone will let me know:

1-VFS Contact number(s)
2- I am working in UK and my visa status is:PBS-Tier1 (general) for 3 years. I would like to apply for my family (wife and one 2 years old kid) vasa as dependant. Please advice if I need to fill-up

i) only one form for both?
ii) two separate form (one for each)?
iii) Shall I pay INR 17000/ or 17000 * 2 ?

Thanks,
Asia

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Mon May 19, 2008 8:51 am

Hi Guys,

my wife applied for HSMP dependent visa from VFS Bangalore. I had asked her to carry both VAF10 and VAF2 because of the confusion that prevailed.

They accepted VAF10 and also the fee is 17,000 if paid by DD or 17100 if paid by cash.

Hope this info will be helpful to others.

Thanks,
Vikram
Citizenship applied on 13th Oct @ NCS Wandsworth...

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Mon May 19, 2008 10:15 am

hsmp_1476 wrote:Hi Guys,

my wife applied for HSMP dependent visa from VFS Bangalore. I had asked her to carry both VAF10 and VAF2 because of the confusion that prevailed.

They accepted VAF10 and also the fee is 17,000 if paid by DD or 17100 if paid by cash.

Hope this info will be helpful to others.

Thanks,
Vikram
Thnx for your update Vikram, I appreciate that...

Wish You and your wife all the best...keep us updated vt the result...

Cheers

hsmp_indian
Newly Registered

Current HSMP Dependent Visa approval time..?

Post by hsmp_indian » Wed May 21, 2008 12:52 am

any one recently got HSMP dependent approval, please confirm current processing time. i am shifting from WP to HSMp dependent. so i wish to know time taken to process before travelling to India.

please confirm current hsmp dependent visa processing time based on old hsmp rules...especially applied from VFA bangalore, hyd or kochi..

thanks

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Re: Current HSMP Dependent Visa approval time..?

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Wed May 21, 2008 2:34 am

Old HSMP rules for dependents?? Irrespective of when your spouse received the HSMP approval, you will have to apply for a dependent visa under the Tier 1 category from India. So collect all the necessary documents needed for Tier 1 dependent application and take them with you.

You will need the VAF10 form which is available on the VFS website (and the guidance notes too).

regards
hsmp_indian wrote:any one recently got HSMP dependent approval, please confirm current processing time. i am shifting from WP to HSMp dependent. so i wish to know time taken to process before travelling to India.

please confirm current hsmp dependent visa processing time based on old hsmp rules...especially applied from VFA bangalore, hyd or kochi..

thanks

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Wed May 21, 2008 3:04 pm

Many thanks for all the help from forum members

I successfully got HSMP Dependant Visa to my wife

Form used VAF10 and Fee is 17,000

Normal processing time 15 working days. But I got in 10 working days by some luck

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Wed May 21, 2008 4:24 pm

hari15 wrote:Many thanks for all the help from forum members

Normal processing time 15 working days. But I got in 10 working days by some luck
congratulations hari....

did u maintained any minimum balance in the account for 3 or 6 months...if so, can u gv me some idea hw much u maintainedand how many months you maintained....hw did u represented...the only reason is i am holding amount in 3 different accounts...thats the reason i am askin ...

Cheers

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Wed May 21, 2008 4:46 pm

kck9 wrote:

congratulations hari....

did u maintained any minimum balance in the account for 3 or 6 months...if so, can u gv me some idea hw much u maintainedand how many months you maintained....hw did u represented...the only reason is i am holding amount in 3 different accounts...thats the reason i am askin ...

Cheers
If you are in Uk for more than a year showing just £800+ (forgot exact amount) as balance is enough. If you are in UK for less than 1 year then only we need to show balance of 1600£

I had 3000£ in savings account and 1000£ in current account I am in UK for more than year . Hence got visa without any problem

In saving account I had thaat 3000£ for past 4 months continuosly

To proove that you are in UK for 1 year you have to show bank statement of 1 year or last year tax return

You can show balance in 3 seperate accounts no problem as long it is in your or in your wife name. They will see only cumulative balance

all the best

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Thu May 22, 2008 9:44 am

hari15 wrote: If you are in Uk for more than a year showing just £800+ (forgot exact amount) as balance is enough. If you are in UK for less than 1 year then only we need to show balance of 1600£

I had 3000£ in savings account and 1000£ in current account I am in UK for more than year . Hence got visa without any problem

In saving account I had thaat 3000£ for past 4 months continuosly

To proove that you are in UK for 1 year you have to show bank statement of 1 year or last year tax return

You can show balance in 3 seperate accounts no problem as long it is in your or in your wife name. They will see only cumulative balance

all the best
Thats great hari...thnk u for your reply...i hope there vl be no other contraversies vt application form (VAF10 or VAF2) and vt da fees...

I vl keep u updated board...gud luck alll

asiar08
Newly Registered

Post by asiar08 » Thu May 22, 2008 5:23 pm

Hi Hari15,

I will be thankful if you please advice me as what are the documents you have subitted for dependant visa. I am staying in UK on PBS Tier-1 and planning to apply for my family (dependant visa) at earliest. Currently, my family is in India.

It will be grt help for me and others.

Thanks,
Asia

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Fri May 23, 2008 6:06 pm

hmm confusion prevails about 2 or 10..
all caused by vfs themselves!!!

my understanding is vaf10 is to be used if both partners are applying for entry clearance at the same time.
because section 7 refers to sponsor/husband as the main applicant.
also 7.2 asks: are you accompanying ur sponsor or joining him later?

so i guess if 1 party is already on hsmp and is in uk vaf2 seems to be the form with right design and questions.

well at the end of the day its vfs or bhc to confirm which is which .
any point in emailing bhc directly with such queries?

anyone else thinking like me??

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Fri May 23, 2008 6:29 pm

If the sponsor is a Tier 1 visa holder (or applying for one) or an HSMP visa holder, it is now VAF10 form for dependents - irrespective of whether one is applying alongwith or separately from the main applicant (HSMP / Tier 1 sponsor).

VAF2 can still be used for dependent applications - but for only as a dependent in any other employment category (e.g. - WP).

regards
If you consider yourself highly skilled, think like one.
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.

santosh_katakam

Post by santosh_katakam » Sat May 24, 2008 12:18 pm

could anyone please tell me whether the 17,100 rupees is charged per dependant or doenst matter how many dependants when all of them applied at the same time and will be charged only one single payment which is 17100 rupees. i need this confirmation because i am going to bring both my wife and my baby born recently. please let me know.

cheers,
santosh

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Sat May 24, 2008 8:05 pm

Whatever the amount is, it is per dependent.

regards
santosh_katakam wrote:could anyone please tell me whether the 17,100 rupees is charged per dependant or doenst matter how many dependants when all of them applied at the same time and will be charged only one single payment which is 17100 rupees. i need this confirmation because i am going to bring both my wife and my baby born recently. please let me know.

cheers,
santosh
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Mon May 26, 2008 1:17 pm

great news hari..
so will use vaf10 for my wife..

how many months bank statements and pay slips did u keep?
i heard they increased it to 15 months bank statements and 12 months payslips..

anyone with more info?

santosh_katakam

Post by santosh_katakam » Wed May 28, 2008 3:49 pm

Hi ,

could anyone of you please post the link for VAF10 form to download. for some reason i couldnt get this form from vfs india website.

cheers,
santosh

rahsmp

Post by rahsmp » Wed May 28, 2008 4:08 pm

VAF 10 Link:

http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/images/PBS%20D ... 0VAF10.pdf

it is in PBS guidance link
http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/pbsguidance.aspx

santosh_katakam wrote:Hi ,

could anyone of you please post the link for VAF10 form to download. for some reason i couldnt get this form from vfs india website.

cheers,
santosh

ejaz2g
United Kingdom

Post by ejaz2g » Wed May 28, 2008 10:38 pm

Hello team,

My case is also like most of you people but country is different. Currently my wife is staying in Pakistan . I am granted 3 year Tier 1 general Visa in the month of may 2008 but my HSMP Approved under the old HSMP rules.
Now I would like to apply for my wife on Dependant Visa.

As mentioned in your reply above that I have to fill in VAF10 form please clarify that is this form for me and every one whose dependant is outside from UK or is this only for the people of india. I am slightly confused about the application form because I found mixed statements about the forms. Here is others forum link and they have info about it that we need to fill 'Tier1 general dependant' and 'VAF2 form'.

http://www.ukresident.com/forums/index. ... ntry142442

Please clarify my doubt that which one is the right form to be filled in for my dependant. Your quick and positive response will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Mohammad Ejaz

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Thu May 29, 2008 1:43 am

The VAF10 form is valid for India at the moment and is probably available only on the VFS India website (UK visa services provider in India).

For applications from Pakistan, I believe the service provider is Gerry's and their website is http://www.ukvacpk.com . Please use forms and procedures advised on that site.

The UK's official website for visa services is www.ukvisas.gov.uk

regards
ejaz2g wrote:Hello team,

My case is also like most of you people but country is different. Currently my wife is staying in Pakistan . I am granted 3 year Tier 1 general Visa in the month of may 2008 but my HSMP Approved under the old HSMP rules.
Now I would like to apply for my wife on Dependant Visa.

As mentioned in your reply above that I have to fill in VAF10 form please clarify that is this form for me and every one whose dependant is outside from UK or is this only for the people of india. I am slightly confused about the application form because I found mixed statements about the forms. Here is others forum link and they have info about it that we need to fill 'Tier1 general dependant' and 'VAF2 form'.

http://www.ukresident.com/forums/index. ... ntry142442

Please clarify my doubt that which one is the right form to be filled in for my dependant. Your quick and positive response will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Mohammad Ejaz

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Thu May 29, 2008 1:42 pm

Hi Guys,

Just an update from my side. My wife had applied for dependent HSMP visa from BLR VFS and got the visa today. It took 9 working days for the courier to arrive, with the stamped passport.

Thanks for all the help that I got from this forum.

Vikram

asiar08
Newly Registered

Post by asiar08 » Thu May 29, 2008 4:58 pm

Hi Vikram,

Congratulation!!!!!!

It will be grt help for other people if you please let us know the documents sent with WAF10 form. Did ypu send covering letter/letter from sponsor??

Thanks,
Asiar08

antouk

Post by antouk » Thu May 29, 2008 8:22 pm

Hi vikram,
Congrats. Thx for the update. i have few clarification.
did u show 3 months funds in u or ur wife's account? If so pls.give us the details like, how much funds, is it a joint account or ur wife's individual account or ur individual account?

Lots of questions :D
-HSMP(2008)->Tier 1(2009)->ILR(2013)->Naturalisation(2014)->OCI(2014)-