ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NATURALIZATION HOLDING PR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chinguiris
BANNED
Columbia

NATURALIZATION HOLDING PR

Post by chinguiris » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:21 pm

hey everyone
My question is:
if I already Hold PR(permanent residence), and my 12 months of being under this -Not time restriction period- that is mandatory in order to apply for naturalisation, if those 12 months end lets say either at the beggining of march 2019 right before brexit takes place or during the preceding months, WILL I be able to use it in order to apply for naturalisation? ?
As we all know aparently from March 2019 Brexit will occur and there is no way back, however it seems like there is gonna be a grace period between March 2019 and December 2020,within this time all EEA nationals living in the uk and their family members will need to apply for either a document confirming their status (pre-settled or settled).
but they also say that holders of permanent residence and residence cards will be able to use it between march 2019 and december 2020, if so, i assume I can perfectly apply for naturalisation without problem as it would be a valid document still....
if anyone know pls help
thanks for your help :wink:

alterhase58
Germany

Re: NATURALIZATION HOLDING PR

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:42 pm

You are referring to the "transition period". Unfortunately nothing has been formally agreed and therefore not enacted in UK Immigration law and regulations. We need to wait for revised application guidance.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

chinguiris
BANNED
Columbia

Post by chinguiris » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:58 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:42 pm
You are referring to the "transition period". Unfortunately nothing has been formally agreed and therefore not enacted in UK Immigration law and regulations. We need to wait for revised application guidance.
So this Brexit is meant to take place by 30 of march 2019, with or without the transition period or (grace period) which is meant to be from march-2019 till december 2020 but:
lets say I submit my application for naturalisation on the 18 of march 2019, I assume my application has to be valid and they should admit my PR as a proof of not time restriction in order to apply for naturalisation, cause by then thatd still be a valid document,
thats basically my concern.

However there has to be a transition period, in which the immigrants EEA nationals and their family members can still use their current documents until they exchange it for the new settle and pre-settle status, cause is imposible they are gonna let millions of people as illegals, or even ban Us from the uk like if we were criminals...

psot2
Newly Registered

Post by psot2 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:03 pm

According to the current guidelines, every person with an EU nationality should apply for settled status before 30 June 2021.
https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families

This means you should be able to use your PR card for a naturalisation application before that date, unless something about the rules changes in the near future.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:19 pm

lets say I submit my application for naturalisation on the 18 of march 2019, I assume my application has to be valid and they should admit my PR as a proof of not time restriction in order to apply for naturalisation, cause by then thatd still be a valid document,
thats basically my concern.
Nothing has changed by that date so your application will be valid, as long as you satisfy all the requirements.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.