ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence Requirements

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kenc
United Kingdom

Residence Requirements

Post by kenc » Tue May 20, 2008 5:21 am

Hi
Could someone please explain, in simple terms, the procedure for applying for UK Residence, and the requirements e.g. Property, Finance, etc.

I am a British Citizen and my wife is a third country national. My wife has had 2 multi-entry visas to UK and an ILR valid for 2 years (now expired) when we had property in UK, which we have now sold. The last time we visited UK we entered on an EEA Family Permit.

When we sold our UK property we moved to another EU Member State where we have both acquired residency. This residency is not valid for entering UK and we have to keep applying for EEA Family Permits. Since we both travel extensively due to my employment, in the back of my mind I am thinking that life might be simpler if my wife acquired UK Residency.

My case is complicated further by the fact that for Tax purposes I am classed as non-resident due to the time I spend out of UK, even though I pay tax on my UK savings and investments.

Anyone have any thoughts? I believe I can achieve Continuity of Residence through my contract of employment which requires me to work overseas.

Thanks.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Tue May 20, 2008 1:29 pm

It's a bit strange that you were able to obtain an EEA Family Permit for your wife. Do you have nationality of any other EU country besides the UK?

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Wed May 21, 2008 2:44 am

And what nationality is the wife?

kenc
United Kingdom

Post by kenc » Wed May 21, 2008 3:52 am

Children (UK Citizens) live in UK hence entitlement to EEA Family Permit. As previously stated my wife is a third country national.