ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (LR) SET 10 years qualifying period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tabimia
Newly Registered
India

ILR (LR) SET 10 years qualifying period

Post by tabimia » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:40 am

Hello everyone,

I am currently under Tier 4 student visa. I entered in the UK on 10/02/2009. However, my entry clearance visa was valid from 20/01/2009. I arrived late due to some family issues.

Now my question is can I calculate the start date from 20th January and apply 28 days before that or do I need to wait util 9th Feb?

Any help will be appreciated

vinny

Re: ILR (LR) SET 10 years qualifying period

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:59 am

You may safely apply for SET(LR) within 28 days prior to the completion of your 10th anniversary from the date of entry and before your leave expires.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.