ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M questions and checklist

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shahno
United Kingdom

FLR M questions and checklist

Post by Shahno » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:07 pm

Hi all,

I'm in the process for applying for my FLR M 1st extension. A quick background, currently I'm on tier 2 general dependant visa that will expire in January 2019. My husband is applying for his ILR 10 years route in or around September or October time depending on the availability of the premium service slots. I will also apply for my FLR M with him. I have few questions about the documents needed:

1- For the Accommodation documents: We live in our own 3 bedroom house, not shared.. just me, my husband and our 4 years old daughter. A) Would the mortgage statement and land registry be sufficient?
B) Do we need to do the property inspection report? and if yes where to do it?

2- For the Cohabitation documents: We got married in January 2012 (in my home country) and my initial visa (PSW dependant) was issued in Feb 2012. I arrived in the UK in April 2012. A) Now do I need to submit Cohabitation documents spread over the course of our marriage (the past 6 and a half years)? I have a box full of letters and bank statements covering the past 6 years hence the question.

B) My daughter was born here, Shall include her passport and birth certificate as well?

I will add some of our marriage photos as well as few of our photos as a family..I don't mind preparing and carrying as many documents as possible...so feel free to suggest any additional documents to add.

I might pop in back again asking more questions as I start digging into the process. And definitely before applying I will post my final checklist to confirm it with you guys as it might be of help to others as well.

Thank you so much you're help is really appreciated :)

Shahno
United Kingdom

Re: FLR M questions and checklist

Post by Shahno » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:52 pm

Hi all,

As I was going through the FLR M application..it probably answered part of my previous query. However, I'm getting confused about the cohabitation documents needed.

In the application page 63 it says: Six items of correspondence addressed to you and your partner at the same address as evidence that you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together up to a maximum of two years.

Now my last grant of leave was not FLR M.. I'm on tier 2 general dependant which was extended in March this year and the decision letter was received in April.

2nd thing based on what I mentioned in my previous post is that we starting living together since April 2012. Does that mean I only should submit letters starting this date up to max 2 years as mentioned?

OR submit letters dated 2 years back prior to the application time starting September/ October 2016?

Please you're input is highly appreciated as I really need clarification on this point.

Thank you so much!

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:02 pm

Hi all,

Could someone please shed some light if the following documents are sufficient enough as a proof of Cohabitation for my FLR M application:

For 2016

1- Nationwide Bank letter confirming new account with them is open (In my name - January 2016)
2- Council Tax bill (Address A (Council X) Joint names- February 2016)
3- EDF Letter (Joint names- March 2016)
4- Halifax Bank Letter (In my name- July 2016)
5- Dental treatment referral for a minor surgery (In my name- November 2016)

For 2017

1- EDF bill (joint names- February 2017)
2- NHS Letter (In my name- March 2017)
3- Council Tax bill (For Address B (Council Y), Joint name- April 2017)
4- Letter from GP confirming registration (In my name- April 2017)
5- DBS Certificate (In my name- June 2017)
6- TV Licence payment plan (In my name- July 2017)
7-NHS Letter (in my name- December 2017)

For 2018

1-Council tax bill (Same address B, joint names- January 2018)
2-Council tax Bill (Same address B, joint names- March 2018)
3-Home office's decision letter for PBS Dependant leave (In my name- April 2018)
4- TV Licence payment plan (In my name - July 2018)

If we receive anymore documents/bills..etc before applying, we will definitely add it.

Your help and input are really appreciated!

Thank you!

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:11 pm

Forgot to mention that I will add bank statements and bills in my husband's (sponsor) name as well..

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:36 am

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry to bump an old topic but I didn't want to start a new one as it's already related to my FLR (M) application.

I just wanted to clarify when exactly I can pay the NHS surcharge? I will be applying for my FLR (M) 1st extension in september (currently on tier 2 general dependant). Can I pay it in advance or does it have to be at the time of application?

Also I have another question, can I apply by post at the same time as my husband applying for his ilr 10 years route? We've been trying for over a month now to book him a premium service appointment but to no avail, hence we're thinking to apply for his ilr by post and probably upgrade to premium service!

Your input is highly appreciated.

Thank you!

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:31 pm

I believe you pay at time of application.

In respect of cohabitation evidence, I believe you need to provide since your last given leave but for last two years only.

Maybe one of the experts can confirm.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:15 am

Thanks ariamus I really apperciate it.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:49 am

Hi everyone,

I'm currently filling my FLR (M) application (paper form) as we managed -finally- to book our appointments on the 19/10/18..so we opted for the paper version as we haven't completed the online applications anyway.

I'm filling the application a little bit at a time and I came across a few questions that I will really appreciate your help in answering them:

3.16 If your sponsor was not British from birth, when did your sponsor obtain settlement?
3.17 On what basis did your sponsor obtain settlement?

Now me and my husband we are applying on the same day with a 2 hours gap. He will be applying for his ILR 10 years route. What should I write as an answer to these 2 questions?

Contact with sponsor
6.5 How you keep in touch with your sponsor? Can I just write that we live together as we are married since 2012?

Your input is really appreciated,
Thank you so much.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:17 am

3.16, 3.17 Its a genetic question that covers many of the FLR categories as usually the sponsor is settled in UK to then apply for a spouse. What is the current citizenship for both of you?

6.5 - write live together
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:12 pm

Thank you so much Londoner007. I'm Egyptian and he is Indian. Currently we are on tier 2 general visa which is valid until 17th January 2019, he is the main applicant and I'm dependant.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:32 pm

Hi Londoner007,

could you please advice on what to write as an answer to questions 3.16 and 3.17 questions? Shall I just leave them blank?

Thank you so much for your input.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:22 pm

Shahno wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:32 pm
Hi Londoner007,

could you please advice on what to write as an answer to questions 3.16 and 3.17 questions? Shall I just leave them blank?

Thank you so much for your input.
3.16: Settlement more likely means ILR so I think it is to write the date when he got his ILR if not born in uk.

3.17: Mention the route which granted him ILR for example long residence, entrepreneur, tier 2 pbs visa holder etc.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:42 am

Thank you seagul for your input. For question 3.16 my husband is applying for ilr 10 years route on the same day I'm applying my FLR (M).We have a hours gap. So should I just write the date of our appointment or leave it blank?

I'm really sorry but I'm confused as he didn't yet get the ilr.

Again..thank you so much.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:46 am

I am not too sure what you should put in there, as I am sure someone more knowledge on this matter will answer you.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:37 am

Thank you Londoner007 for your input. I hope any one would help.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:37 pm

Hi guys,

Could anyone please help with my query.

Thank you all.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:03 pm

Shahno wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:37 pm
Hi guys,

Could anyone please help with my query.

Thank you all.
You have already been heavily answered but still asking. :roll:
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:23 pm

I really appreciate your help and sorry if i am annoying, but i am still not clear. I know I should put the date he obtained the ilr, however my husband hasn't obtained it yet as we're applying on the same day.

Shall i just assume that he has got the ilr and mention the date of the appointment or leave it blank and explain it on the cover letter?

Again, apologies if I'm annoying but honestly i'm stressed of the whole process. I really appreciate your help.

Thank you so much.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:33 pm

As you havent got it yet, probably leave it blank- Definitely explain in detail at your cover letter.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:24 am

Thank you Londoner007 really appreciate it.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:36 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to bother you guys but I have a few questions regarding the financial requirement for my FLR M visa:

1- Do I need to submit my husband's contract? He works for the NHS and he's been with his current employer for more than 3 years now. I will submit 6 months bank statements, 6 months payslips, a letter from his hospital and P60. I'm a bit confused on whether do I need to submit it or not.

2- As per Appendix F the letter should include his current salary. Now my husband's salary is based on the NHS Agenda for Change. In July he got the NHS pay raise and in August he got his annual increment. I meet the financial requirement anyways with his salary either before or after the July raise and August increment. On the application as well I mentioned his old salary before July raise as his annual income as mentioned in Appendix F. Now on the employment letter, should the employer explain the raises that took place? since the payslips will show those increases.

3- My husband's payslips are not printed. He has to log on the ESR to print it out, however it has the NHS logo clear on it. Does it still need to be stamped and signed and accompanied by a letter confirming it's authenticity?

Your help is really appreciated.

Thank you.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:40 pm

Hi everyone,

I just have a quick question regarding my FLR (M) application. Do I need to write anything in section "8B Other information"?

Thank you so much.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:02 am

1 - Contract is good to submit
2 - Employer should detail the pay rise from August
3 - If it is on company headed paper with company logo it is acceptable. But stamped payslips with letter would be better as you have printed them out from online.
4 - For 8B to add any extra information or clarify anything within the application. You can use this space to include your argument for how a refusal may any children you have.

Shahno
United Kingdom

Post by Shahno » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:29 am

Thank you Londoner007, can I ask one more question please? Now my daughter is not applying with me as we are going to register her once her dad gets the ILR inshaa Allah. I'm including her passport, BRP, birth certificate, and various letters from her school since she joined it and a letter from the GP when we registered with him. Is this enough? do I need to get anything more like a letter from the GP confirming that she's registered with them or anything else?

Thank you so much.. I really appreciate your help.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:34 am

Home Office are more interested in proofs of the sponsor and applicant in terms of cohabitation.

Your child is the dependent of the applicant so just like entry clearance most of the proof would be that of the applicant.

From the sounds of it you already have a lot of documents for the child, just submit whatever you already have.