ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Visa and paper ducument counterpart

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

parvus1202

ILR Visa and paper ducument counterpart

Post by parvus1202 » Tue May 20, 2008 5:53 pm

I just want to ask if the letter from IND they should heve sent together with the ILR visa? I have the ILR stamped on my passport but I did not recieved the "Home Office letter by which you were given permission to remain in the United Kingdom permanently." Is this still needed when applying for naturalization? Or should I contact the Home Office and request for one?
Thank you.

luky-marina
Newly Registered

Post by luky-marina » Tue May 20, 2008 10:08 pm

Yes, I think so. I got mine, but there was no personal greeting like Dear Mrs....., just some info attached to this type of visa. I wonder if it's normal.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Wed May 21, 2008 2:43 am

Not everyone gets a letter, so you don't need it for naturalisation.

Be careful! If you lose your passport and ILR stamp you have no way to prove your ILR and the Home Office may say your file is lost if you try to replace it.

You can get a Subject Access request to show a copy of your Home Office file.

RobinLondon
Member of Standing

Post by RobinLondon » Wed May 21, 2008 7:30 am

I'm not sure I understand what the big deal is. A good word of advice for anyone is to photocopy your passport. The picture page and the page with the ILR residence permit on it...and keep these copies in a safe place. If you're particularly concerned, get them notarised.

parvus1202

Post by parvus1202 » Wed May 21, 2008 7:39 am

Thank you for the replies. I will e-mail them and make a request and at the same time make copies of our ILR visa.

jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 » Wed May 21, 2008 11:29 am

They only issue a standard letter at times with successful ILR application. You do not need the letter for naturalization. Other then photocopy you can scan the passport and ILR page and keep them safe as soft copies.