ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Rejected - Applied Under old rules after 01st Apr 2008

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ravib

EC Rejected - Applied Under old rules after 01st Apr 2008

Post by ravib » Sun May 18, 2008 4:35 am

Hi All,

Please post your experiences , those whoose EC got rejected , who have applied after 01st Apr 2008 , under old rules...

Regards
Ravi

ravib

Hi

Post by ravib » Sun May 18, 2008 4:35 am

Hi All,

My HSMP Approval date : 26th Jan 2008

EC Applied - 8th Apr 2008

VAF2 , and funds just maintained for 10days before applying ( my account - 1, 10,000.00 ; my wife account - 4,90,000.00 applied for my wife also as a dependant )

EC Rejected - 17th Apr 2008 ; Reason : 2800 pounds not maintained for 3 months before applying EC.

They didnt returned my original HSMP Approval Letter.

Please guide me how to proceed now.

Regards
Ravi

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Sun May 18, 2008 6:58 pm

No option but to wait until such time that you can show a balance of 2800 pounds over a 3 month period. And then re-apply for EC.

regards

hsmphyd
Newly Registered

can we send extra docs to bhc?

Post by hsmphyd » Tue May 20, 2008 3:20 am

Hi All,

I applied for my EC on 5th of may, just before 2 days of my hsmp approval expiry date.

I applied under old rules with VAF2 form and didn't show the funds for 3 months. I am maintaining the funds in my account from 25th of february nearly 70 days as on EC Application date.

By 24th of this month, I can show the 3 months funds in my account. please clarify the following

1. Can i take a latest bank statement on 24th of this month and send it to BHC?

2. Will BHC accepts the extra documents that we send after appying for EC before the decision has been taken?

I will need your valuable inputs, please send ASAP.

Regards,

Srini

khuram_noman

info

Post by khuram_noman » Tue May 20, 2008 6:32 am

This is Khuram Noman from Lahore, Pakistan. I have applied for the HSMP and got the approval letter from Home Office on 24-March-2008, then i applied for EC on 16-April-2008 but unfortunately my EC visa has been reject on couple of reasons. Below are the reasons.

Reason 1
You have submitted a work reference from Al Barakah industriesthat the British High Commission have been unable to verify as genuine. Wecalled the company several times and received no response. We checked with thePakistan Telephone Company but there is no alternative number available fromthis company. Since we have made every effort to verify your experience andhave been unable to do so, your application falls for refusal therefore underparagraph 135HA(ii)
Reason 2
You have provided a bankstatement as evidence of funds available to relocate to the UK. These funds arethe result of a large deposit of Rs 500,000 (£3906). Clearly this is well in excessof your income and you have provided no evidence of the origin of these funds.Whilst or sell property, it is also reasonable to expect them to provideevidence of this. In the absence of any evidence Iam not satisfied that thesefunds are personally yours and available to fund your relocation to the UK. Iamnot satisfied that you are able to maintain and accommodate yourself and youdependants until such time that you are in receipt of an income 135A(ii)HC395.

Let me explain you a bit about my case. I have shown that iam doing 2 jobs one full time and one part time. BHC called to my full time job office and get the verification, but unfortunately the day they called to my part time job office the Landline# is out of order and we have already lodge a complaint in Pakistan Telephone Company(iam not sure about that they called in those days or not but i think they called on days when the phone is out of order).

Now about the funds i have provide the sale receipt, affidavit and T.O Form but i think i made the mistake that i didn't translate the sale receipt and affidavit in English i provide the original ones that is in URDU but the T.O Form is in english

so can u plz guys guide me what i can do now either go for the appeal or go for new application?

push
United Kingdom

Re: can we send extra docs to bhc?

Post by push » Tue May 20, 2008 7:54 am

hsmphyd wrote:

2. Will BHC accepts the extra documents that we send after appying for EC before the decision has been taken?
Whether or not BHC accepts additional dox is something that you should leave to them. The action point for you should be to send the dox as soon as possible, with a nice covering letter which should explain the circumstances as to why you could not submit these dox along with the main application. Thereafter sit tight and keep your fingers crossed.

All the best.

hsmphyd
Newly Registered

Re: can we send extra docs to bhc?

Post by hsmphyd » Tue May 20, 2008 3:00 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
hsmphyd wrote:

Whether or not BHC accepts additional dox is something that you should leave to them. The action point for you should be to send the dox as soon as possible, with a nice covering letter which should explain the circumstances as to why you could not submit these dox along with the main application. Thereafter sit tight and keep your fingers crossed.

All the best.
Yes, I will send the statement to BHC on monday i.e 26th. by that date, i will complete the 3 months period.

Thanks for your inputs.

Tibu

Use this thread

Post by Tibu » Tue May 20, 2008 3:43 pm

I have seen so many rejection on the grounds of maintance. i think i will also fall under this. yet to get the results.
I had some mail confirmation from VFS that its not needed when i applied. Still might be getting rejected... BHC might be making money now....:-)

Please Use this thread for whose EC got Rejected after April 08. Lets Discuss and make sure that same mistakes wont happen later.

ravib

Re: EC Rejected - Applied Under old rules after 01st Apr 200

Post by ravib » Wed May 21, 2008 5:28 am

Guys ,

I got a confirmation mail from Deputy High Commission. Please read this :

"Sir,

As a general rule each single applicant will be required to produce evidence that they have £2,800 at their disposal. This money should be immediately available in sterling in the UK or there should be formal authority to transfer it to the UK. The funds should be in the applicant's name or in a joint account with a married, unmarried or civil partner. If it is in a savings account, the funds must have been held for at least 3 months. Should the money be in a current account the account must have been active for at least 6 months and show regular salary or other income in line with the applicant's stated occupation. If the money is held in trust it must be at the applicant's disposal and not administered by others.
Applicants must provide documentary evidence detailing the source of any funds that have entered their account(s) within the last 3 months, for example fixed deposits, receipts and/or legal documents relating to the sale of assets.

This is a mandatory requirement and the chances of relaxation are very remote.

Yours faithfully
Casework Section
British Deputy High Commission, Chennai

Visa Services
UK Border Agency "

Also go through the following links :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... intenance/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ntoffunds/

Please write to me if you need any more information.

The mistake we did is trusting VFS ..we would have checked the web site of home office..

Anyways those who all ready now with the above requirements , go ahead applying .......

Regards
Ravi

appeal_bng
Newly Registered

Post by appeal_bng » Wed May 21, 2008 8:47 am

Mine too was rejected on the same grounds of not maintaining 2800 Pounds for 3 months.

I see a lot of ppl in the same boat.

But the appeal process taking 6-8 months does not make any sense to me. By that time our HSMP would have expired.

if we make a fresh application Will the amount be reimbursed if our appeal is successfull. ?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed May 21, 2008 8:56 am

appeal_bng wrote:
if we make a fresh application Will the amount be reimbursed if our appeal is successfull. ?
When you are making a new application then where does the issue of "appeal being successful" crop up from? Can you please clearly state what your query is?

If you are asking that if your second application is successful, will then the fee paid on first application be reimbursed? - the answer is no.

regards,

push_hsmp

mahendra78
Newly Registered

EC rejected based on Maintanance points

Post by mahendra78 » Wed May 21, 2008 2:34 pm

My EC got rejected on 20th May with a reason of not maintaining the funds over GBP2800 for three months.

I applied on 10th April, got my passport back on 20th May.

I did appeal against this decision mentioning that I got my HSMP approval letter with old rule & new policy was effective only in April. Only option to maintain three month balance was to wait for three months & apply which was not possible for me as I also had offer letter from company with joining date of 28th April.

This new policy did put me in a situation where I had no choice but apply for this EC. One more thing was that my employer is ready to take care of my initial expenses in UK. Even those documents were submitted with my EC.

I did appeal today & it takes 28 days as per the policy to get the review done.

Has anyone appealed against this kind of decision earlier?

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Wed May 21, 2008 2:41 pm

Have you appealed or have you requested for administrative review? IMHO, appeals take much longer than 28 days .... months!!. It is the administrative review, that they say, might be done within 28 days.

regards
If you consider yourself highly skilled, think like one.
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.

mahendra78
Newly Registered

Post by mahendra78 » Wed May 21, 2008 2:44 pm

I am sorry, you are right its Administrative review in India. This takes 28 days.

Has anyone done this earlier with this kind of case?

mangop
Newly Registered

Do we have to make joint appeal to revert the decision?

Post by mangop » Wed May 21, 2008 5:47 pm

I just missed 2800 pounds by 15 days and my EC was rejected. I had funds for more than 75 days. Do we have to make a joiunt appeal and request home office to consider our appeal on same grounds as transitional arrangements are done for people applying within UK. For them 3 months 800 pounds rule starts on 29th June and will approve all other application under maintenance which had funds one day prior to application. Does anyone knows where to make joint appeal and request to revert the decsion?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed May 21, 2008 8:16 pm

hsmpinuk70 wrote:Have you appealed or have you requested for administrative review? IMHO, appeals take much longer than 28 days .... months!!. It is the administrative review, that they say, might be done within 28 days.

regards
Adminisrative Review is likely to help only when you can demonstrate that you did submit adequate evidence in support of the points claimed but the caseworker did not award points, despite that. If you failed to submit the required evidence (such as maintaining balance in the account for last 3 months) then unfortunately, even the administrative review will not be of any use.

regards,

push_hsmp

ravib

Re: Do we have to make joint appeal to revert the decision?

Post by ravib » Thu May 22, 2008 10:58 am

Hi Mangop,

We need to find out the way to make a jont appeal to the Home office that they should consider our cases as well.

and its their mistake that they didnt updated VFS with properly.

We lost time and money in this transaction.
I will also search for some way to make joint appeal.

Senior Members : Any suggestions ?

Regards
Ravi

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Thu May 22, 2008 1:38 pm

No offence, but this seems to be a naive suggestion :( . An appeal will definitely take more than 3 months to be sorted out. So why can't you all wait for 3 months and just re-apply for EC.

regards
If you consider yourself highly skilled, think like one.
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.