ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Envelope of biometrics letter arrived open (never sealed)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kamoe
European Union

Envelope of biometrics letter arrived open (never sealed)

Post by kamoe » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:03 pm

Today I received my biometrics letter, and although it looks like all there should be is there, I cannot shake an uneasy feeling I got when noticed that the envelope was open. It doesn't even seem to have been sealed in the first place. Just folded close and posted.

First question is: Did I receive everything complete? Inside the envelope was a two-page letter explaining what I need to do, plus one page with a bar code I need to take with me when doing the biometrics. In total 3 pages, that's all. Am I missing anything?

Second question, and just for statistics: Has anyone else received their biometric letter envelope unsealed like this? Just wondering if this is a new HO policy, and the two seconds that takes to lick/wet the envelope and pressing it to seal it are really making any difference to case workers :P
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

swordfish
Bangladesh

Re: Envelope of biometrics letter arrived open (never sealed)

Post by swordfish » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:22 am

i got that 3 page also. thr was nothing else. but mine was close.

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Post by NikiGio » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:13 am

I can see the HO staff are still living up to their reputation as work slackers!! I have to say, this whole Brexit business has unearthed a whole side to the UK that we never saw before...England is becoming as bad at bureaucracy/hard work as the so-called 'Third World' countries (half of my heritage is from a Third World country, by the way!)...No offence meant to anyone...
Having said that, I know of two people who received their Citizenship ceremony invitation in an open unsealed letter, so it's not unheard of :shock:
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:10 pm

It is just those 3 pages, you’we got everything.