ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Health surcharge over payment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ma2017
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Health surcharge over payment

Post by ma2017 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:03 am

Hi,

I am currently on ILR, which on BRP has expiry of 2024.

My wife was on her first Tier 2 dependent, and she has recently been through the extension of Tier 2 dependent.

When we applied for her extension, the health surcharge was calculated based on my ILR expiry which is 2024 instead of 3 years on Tier 2 dependent extension that she is getting.

Which means nearly 700 overpaid. I understand that on the IHS portal there are details about partial refunds, which are calculated by the case worker, but I am thinking that case worker may miss that.

To address this, i was thinking of emailing the relevant department to issue refund but not sure of the email address.

Does anyone know a different process or has been through similar process if so, how long it took to get the refund.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Health surcharge over payment

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:41 am

Presumably you applied for ILR about a year ago??

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/sett ... l#p1543433

When did you apply for your spouse's extension??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ma2017
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ma2017 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:00 pm

Hi,

That is correct, i had ILR approved November last year.

And my dependent who was on 2 year 8 months dependent visa, the visa expired last month. For which we applied extension and has been granted against Tier 2 dependent.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:28 pm

Had you asked when you did the dependent app, you would have been advised to put your ILR date only 3 years ahead to get the correct Ihs as advised previously (£600).

If you have the letter from HO, have you written to the caseworker?

Refunds can sometimes take a few weeks etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ma2017
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ma2017 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:59 pm

Hi,

I understand that we made the mistake while filling the app and should have asked at that time.

Reference to writing to case worker, i will do that next.I believe that i will be using the below address:

PO BOX 3468
Sheffield

Thanks for the advise

ma2017
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ma2017 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:40 am

Hi,

There is something strange going on. My wife applied for Tier 2 dependent extension and did get the letter stating that she has been granted the leave.

She applied using the priority service, and received the reply in 7 days. Letter was issued on 25th of September from HO stating the above and to expect the BRP in 10 days.

All the supporting documents came back, but to date we have not received the BRP.

I wrote to the BRP team, and they advised to contact the case worker directly.

I have written two letters around IHS over payment and around not receiving the BRP, but there is no reply.

Not quite sure what is going on. The address that i have used to contact the case worker is same what was mentioned on the letter.

Any advise?

Thanks

ma2017
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ma2017 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:39 pm

Hi,

We received the BRP on 24th

Still waiting reply on IHS over payment.

Thanks