ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Starting work before BRP receipt

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

glasgowedinburgh2000
India

Starting work before BRP receipt

Post by glasgowedinburgh2000 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:43 pm

Hello,

Ive been on Tier2 (general) and recently finished work with my previous employer on 3rd September. My new employer is in process of filing my new Tier2 general. My query is Can i start working once my new Tier2 general is approved but new BRP card has not arrived or do i need to wait for BRP to start work?

Many thanks
Sam!

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Starting work before BRP receipt

Post by cyclina1 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:26 pm

Your CoS should state the start date, you can work with new employer from the start date if the VISA approved, you don't need to wait for the BRP.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

glasgowedinburgh2000
India

Post by glasgowedinburgh2000 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:35 pm

Thanks cyclina1. The reason I was asking is one of the large organisations have delayed start date of my friend as his BRP was delayed though he had the approval letter. I believe it is employer policy perhaps but not a rule. Is there any policy guidance at all that you are aware of which clarifies this point?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:40 pm

You can only start working based on the date in the CoS. What is the date in your new CoS??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

glasgowedinburgh2000
India

Post by glasgowedinburgh2000 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:45 pm

Thanks CR001 for the quick reply. The CoS is yet to be assigned as they have just completed the RLMT. My only worry is that if the Cos start date is say 20th October and even if Visa is approved by 15th I may not get my BRP as Ive heard and experienced that it could even take up to 3 weeks for the BRP to arrive