ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Interview

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Khashif_Khan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa Interview

Post by Khashif_Khan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 pm

Hi all,

I submitted a spouce visa in janurary and they have contacted me for a interview on thursday. I spoke to my HR department at work to see if they can been contacted as they said that there policy is they cannot conduct a interview and can only send a reference which they did when the recveied a email from the home office confirming they are still to contact them for a interview.

As its the work policy to not take interviews will this reference be enough or will they need to speak to HR?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa Interview

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:31 pm

Surely you have been informed that the HO want to interview you, not your HR? :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Khashif_Khan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Khashif_Khan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:44 pm

They have interviewed me but they also want speak to my work and thats useally HR who they call. I have no idea what to do now.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:46 pm

First post:
The query you willing to ask is actually unclear in your post due to grammatical and sentence mistake. But still if you mean that your HR cant reply HO phone call which they usually do then it will look like an unusual policy. They should even reply HO phone call which is their traditional style.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Khashif_Khan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Khashif_Khan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:07 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:46 pm
First post:
The query you willing to ask is actually unclear in your post due to grammatical and sentence mistake. But still if you mean that your HR cant reply HO phone call which they usually do then it will look like an unusual policy. They should even reply HO phone call which is their traditional style.
Sorry if its unclear but i meant that the HO have been trying to contact HR for a interview. However HR says its policy that they dont take calls and are only willing to give a reference. HO have email HR advising that they have been trying to contact them. HR then replied stating that they have given a reference which they attached to the amil.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:20 pm

Khashif_Khan wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:07 pm
seagul wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:46 pm
First post:
Sorry if its unclear but i meant that the HO have been trying to contact HR for a interview. However HR says its policy that they dont take calls and are only willing to give a reference. HO have email HR advising that they have been trying to contact them. HR then replied stating that they have given a reference which they attached to the amil.
Then I think your application will be significantly jeopardized because reference wont cover HO routine questions which they have been traditionally asking through phone call. Try to convince your employer for such help which certainly has zero percent affecting their policy.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:09 am

Your HR seems to be confused. Their policy is normal in regards to references for ex employees seeking alternative work and a reference.

I am very surprised your HR is refusing to speak to an official government department, which is likely only to confrm your employment details and salary.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ajnimi
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ajnimi » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:28 pm

How many days ukvi take for a dission after skype interview i hed a interview on 22aug2018 still no reply

Blighty
United Kingdom

Post by Blighty » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:54 pm

Ajnimi wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:28 pm
How many days ukvi take for a dission after skype interview i hed a interview on 22aug2018 still no reply
My wife and I had simultaneous telephone interviews about her application on 6th September, and the ECO told me to expect a decision in weeks rather than months. I think it all depends on the evidence provided with the application.

Jedai Prince
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jedai Prince » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:31 am

Hi

Did you get any update on your application yet?
I was also interviewed and answered 4 questions wrongly. I am worried It’s been 3 and half weeks for me , still no update 😟

Ajnimi
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ajnimi » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:44 am

Blighty wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:54 pm
Ajnimi wrote:
My wife and I had simultaneous telephone interviews about her application on 6th September, and the ECO told me to expect a decision in weeks rather than months. I think it all depends on the evidence provided with the application.
Still no reply oct start now

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:50 am

Give it a week or 2 then ask them for an update
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

r_majid
United Kingdom

Post by r_majid » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:19 am

Could you please tell what kinds of questions were asked on your interviews.

Thanks

Blighty
United Kingdom

Post by Blighty » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:31 pm

Ajnimi wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:44 am
Blighty wrote:
Ajnimi wrote:
Still no reply oct start now
We are also still waiting, and have decided to give them another week before escalating. The waiting is so frustrating as we just want to live together in the UK! If they cannot decide this month then I need to visit my wife by the end of the month.
r_majid wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:19 am
Could you please tell what kinds of questions were asked on your interviews.

Thanks
We were asked questions about our relationship ... how we met, our correspondence, our engagement, our wedding, our meetings, and about each other's interests. They also asked detailed questions about our last meeting (May/June 2018), including the layout of the the flat we had rented.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:39 pm

All questions will based upon the answers and information you provided in the settlement application. For example, relationship, accommodation, employment, salary, visits, etc etc.

Best way to prepare is to know your application inside out.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:15 pm

Blighty wrote:
Ajnimi wrote:
just out of interest has your partner applied from uk or abroad?

Blighty
United Kingdom

Post by Blighty » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:08 am

seagul wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:15 pm
Blighty wrote:
Ajnimi wrote:
just out of interest has your partner applied from uk or abroad?
My partner applied from abroad (Ukraine).

r_majid
United Kingdom

Post by r_majid » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:21 am

Thank you

Jedai Prince
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jedai Prince » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:44 pm

Hi guys

I am still waiting for a decision after being interviewed. Did any of you get a decision yet after being interviewed ?? If yes how long did it take?

thank you

Ajnimi
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ajnimi » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:26 pm

Interview on aug 22 still no reply today oct 16

Ajnimi
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ajnimi » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:28 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:50 am
Give it a week or 2 then ask them for an update

Thx
My wife ring them but they say it will take 60 days aft interview

Jedai Prince
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jedai Prince » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:18 am

i was interviewed on 21 august , for me it was a reconsideration of my application because the initial application was refused because they claimed i didn't send them 6 months payslips. After many complaints including complaints by my MP they agreed to reconsider and asked me to send the payslips again. This happened twice as they again claimed they didn't receive payslips. I again asked my MP to write to them to confirm they received the payslips. The day my MP wrote to them was the day they interviewed me.They then confirmed to my MP they received my payslips and asked me to be patience as they are doing everything they can to come to a conclusion on my application whenever they are able to. They didn't give a time frame as when a decision will be made. But after my interview, the interviewer told me that a decision will be made in few weeks time. Don't know what they are on about, playing with peoples lives I guess..!

I send another email to my MP today to ask them to give an explanation for the delay. Lets see what happens :?