ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR FP To ILR Long residence 10 years rule please help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sheraz786
Newly Registered

FLR FP To ILR Long residence 10 years rule please help

Post by sheraz786 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:59 pm

Dear All,
Hope you are well.
My immigration history 2008 Sep came as student.2011 PSW. 2013 Tier 1 Ent refused followed by successful appeal. Appeal won in 2014. I got married with British partner in 2016. My last extension was flr Fp which is valid. Now my 10 years has been completed last month and I was looking to book PEO Same day appointment for ILR long residence 10 years route. I spoke to one of the consultant and he informed me that i am not eligible for 10 years long residence rule as my current valid is FLR FP and will have to complete 10 years on FLR FP then i will be eligible for ILR. He is saying your last leave was outside immigration rule that is why it will not be counted for long residency. I am very confused now. Can someone please help and guide me
whether i am eligible for ILR long residency rule or not?
Can seniors please help me.
Kind Regards
Sheraz

bajo85
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: FLR FP To ILR Long residence 10 years rule please help

Post by bajo85 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:24 am

Hi Sheraz,

My understanding re this is; though your FLR (FP) is outside the immigration rules but still it's a valid leave to remain. If there is no break in your 10 years lawful residence, You can apply and get ILR on 10 years route.

Regards

sheraz786
Newly Registered

Post by sheraz786 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:58 am

Hi Mate.
Hope you are well.
Thanks for your reply. Yes I am shocked and worried after I came to know that it will not count in long residence as it was outside immigration rules.
I am not sure what to do any other opinion and suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Sherraz

shero1988
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by shero1988 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:33 pm

Hi Sheraz,

Unfortunately 10 Years Continuty is not Valid if you were being switched to FLR (FP) outside of the Immigration Rules.

Thanks,

Abbie2424
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Abbie2424 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:25 pm

Hi, Shero1988 is there a home office document to this effect ? As i understand all lawfully granted leave counts towards ILR on the long residence route. Please correct me if am wrong senior members of the forum.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:42 pm

Hi,

Most of Flr fp given under (outside of immigration rule) is to illegal people and the people who have no leave previously or overstayer.
But if someone has valid leave before and is given flr fp outside immigration rule, It Counts towards 10 years LR.
To qualify for SET LR one should have valid leave or cover by section 3c in last 10 years regardless of the visa type.