ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Application from UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sravan2
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 General Application from UK

Post by Sravan2 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:16 pm

Hello All,

I have a question regarding the tier 2 general application, can anyone please answer.

My employer has a solicitor and they applied for RCOS in sep and has received it.My HR came back to me now and informed that my application is complete need to submit the original passport, photos,brp ,uk naric documents and my original degree document to the solicitor.

I am assuming that the candidate has to go personally to submit the applications to the vfs,is it different when we are applying from uk?Can it be done through the solicitor.

A bit confused.

Regards,
Sravan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General Application from UK

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:34 pm

If you have an RCoS, you have to apply from your home country??

What is your current UK immigration status?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sravan2
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sravan2 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:42 pm

I am on tier 4 dependent visa and can apply from uk.

As far as I know I should visit the vfs submit the application and documents, but my hr told me to send them to the solicitor.

Application is only completed if the appointment is booked, am I correct?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:44 pm

You don't apply at 'VFS' if you are applying the UK. It is a Premium service centre, which you would have to attend personally.

If your solicitor is asking for the documents, then it is likely a postal application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sravan2
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sravan2 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:48 pm

Oh ok thank you for the reply, do you know how long will it take if its a postal application for the processing.

Also,should I still provide my original degree certificate if I have uk naric documents for the English language and degree comparison document.

Or will it be ok if I submit my provisional degree certificate.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:05 pm

Oh ok thank you for the reply, do you know how long will it take if its a postal application for the processing.
Can take up to 8 weeks, sometimes longer.
Also,should I still provide my original degree certificate if I have uk naric documents for the English language and degree comparison document.
Yes you have to provide your degree as well. This is what the NARIC should have been based on.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Sravan2
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sravan2 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:17 pm

My original document is in India and at the moment I only have the provisional document with me.

For NARIC documents I had no issue because I submitted the scanned copy of the original document.

So,if I submit the scanned copy along with the naric documents will it be ok for the visa or can I submit the provisional document along with the naric documents.

Or should I get my original document couriered and then submit it.