ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How can I ask my health Surcharges back from home office

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Danra
Ireland

How can I ask my health Surcharges back from home office

Post by Danra » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:17 pm

It's been almost over 8 months. Home office has not returned my health SurCharges after these refused my UK spouse visa. We appealed the decision, our appealed got refused 3 months ago but still home office failed to refund SurCharges, Who should I talk to or email to resolve this issue?

Regards

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: How can I ask my health Surcharges back from home office

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:48 pm

Contact UKVI and ask them to forward message to the IHS department. It should usually be refunded within 6 weeks.

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:46 am

You can call them and provide the IHS for a refund.

My partner application refund has not been given either. So been chasing for 6 weeks already. Will keep you in the loop with this

Let me know how your experience goes

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Danra
Ireland

Post by Danra » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:18 am

Was your spouse's visa refused too? would you not like to apply again? Our case is still in court we are taking it to upper tribunal. But after that we are thinking of making fresh application. It is wise to ask them to return the surcharges yet? Or should we wait. would you have an opinion?
I am guessing if we apply an other fresh application we would have to pay surcharges once again even they have not returned the first surcharges yet ? Is that correct o im mistaken.

Danra
Ireland

Post by Danra » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:20 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:48 pm
Contact UKVI and ask them to forward message to the IHS department. It should usually be refunded within 6 weeks.

Thank you for your help Londoner :)

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:25 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:48 pm

Utter diabolical service given so far. I was sent an email stating I'll get a refund within 48 hours. 8 days later nothing. When I called the SAME number as I have done for the past 2 years I was told they cannot do anything as they are an advisory line and to call back choosing option 4 then 4.

Called back again and the lady had the audacity to explain to me HOW an expired card will have the same account number and would have got a refund

Was told no more referrals can be made and to write to the HO..there are no statements in three of my cards or banks which have had a refund.

Will keep thread updated. Good luck with getting the refund OP.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.