ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on Tier 2 General Migrant Dependent visa application for myself and my daighter

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ankita6222
Newly Registered
India

Advice on Tier 2 General Migrant Dependent visa application for myself and my daighter

Post by ankita6222 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:49 pm

Dear All,

I am in a process of submitting the Tier 2 General Migrant dependent application for myself and Tier 2 General Migrant Child application for my daughter. My husband has recently moved to the UK and started work. While reading through the website on the document requirements, i came across this Appendix 2 which is required to be attached along with Visa Application form. The link to the to appendix is https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -08-18.pdf

Current situation - My husband started work on October 1 2018 (4 days back) and has a Tier 2 General Migrant Visa for 3 years. He has been able to manage to get a Maintenance Letter from his employer, accommodation and a tenancy agreement for us. I have completed the Visa application forms for both of us (myself and daughter) however, havent submitted as i am unclear on certain points

Questions:
a. In case anyone go through the link for Appendix 2 which is pertaining to Financial Requirements, i am not sure on which section ie Section 3 or 4 to be filled in keeping in mind we have a Maintenance Letter from my husband's sponsor
b. Final list of documents which we both are required to submit along with the application form.

Appreciate in case anyone can go through the appendix and guide me on the relevant section to fill in along with reasons.

Thank you
Ankita

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Advice on Tier 2 General Migrant Dependent visa application for myself and my daighter

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:54 pm

Appendix 2 is not relevant to tier 2 dependent visas. You are looking at the wrong form, which is a spouse settlement visa form.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ankita6222
Newly Registered
India

Re: Advice on Tier 2 General Migrant Dependent visa application for myself and my daighter

Post by ankita6222 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:24 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, however would you mind guiding on what is the basic requirement of the Appendix 2 and when is it filled? Its no where mentioned unfortunately.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:49 pm

Appendix 2 is ONLY required for spouse of British citen or ILR holder and NOT for tier 2 dependents.

Ignore appendix 2 completely, you will only confuse yourself as it is a completely different set of immigration rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ankita6222
Newly Registered
India

Post by ankita6222 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:33 pm

Hello,

I doubt this is correct as many people have filled in the appendix 2 while submitting the dependent visas. OIn this platform also, there are lot who have come up with queries and submitted this.
Would you have a link wherein i can download and view all the Appendixes.

Regards,
Ankita

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:51 pm

Yes, many complete it, for a SPOUSE SETTLEMENT VISA, but it is NOT applicable to tier 2 dependent visas. They are two completely different categories and visas.

You are looking at the WRONG form and visa category in the link you posted in your first post.

If your husband has a tier 2 General visa, appendix 2 is not relevant to Dependents application at all. There is no appendix for tier 2 dependent visas, you only complete the online form, the links I have provided!!

Feel free then to apply on VAF4A and Appendix 2. You will be refused and lose you £1500 odd visa fee.

I fail to understand why you are looking at a visa category form and requirements which you DO NOT qualify for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aja
United Kingdom

Post by aja » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:58 pm

As mentioned by CR001, Appendix 2 form is not applicable for Tier 2 dependent.

Appendix 2 is applicable only in the below scenarios:

YOU SHOULD COMPLETE THIS FORM IF YOU WISH TO COME TO THE UK AS:
• The spouse or civil partner of someone settled in the UK; or
• The child of a parent who is applying for entry clearance as a partner or the child who is applying to join their parent who is already in
the UK and has been granted limited leave as partner granted under the Immigration Rules in force on 09 July 2012; or
• The fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of someone settled in the UK; or
• The unmarried or same sex partner of someone settled in the UK; or
• The Post Flight family member (spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner, fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) of someone
with limited leave to enter or remain in the UK as refugee or is the beneficiary of humanitarian protection; or
• The Post Flight family member (spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner, fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner or child) of
someone with limited leave to enter or remain in the UK as a refugee or is the beneficiary of humanitarian protection.

ankita6222
Newly Registered
India

Post by ankita6222 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:04 pm

Hello,

Thank you for the revert. Can you please tell me the difference between SPOUSE SETTLEMENT VISA and DEPENDENT Visa.

sorry, might be a silly question but I am very sure its important for me to understand.

Regards,
Ankita

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:06 pm

A spouse settlement visa is for a spouse who is married to a British citizen or a person who has PR, as I have already said.

Your husband has neither.

As he holds a 3 year tier 2 dependent visa, you can ONLY apply for a tier 2 dependent visa, also known as a PBS dependent visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ankita6222
Newly Registered
India

Post by ankita6222 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:08 pm

Excellent. That really clarifies my doubt. So is there any other appendix that i need to fill in with the VAF form or just the online application with the supporting will suffice the requirements.

Thank you
Ankita

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:10 pm

There is no appendix and you do not complete the VAF4A form you posted in your link above, for a tier 2 dependent. You only complete the online form.

This has all already been advised.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:18 pm

For further clarification apply through visa4uk site. You just need to fill the online form and submit the supporting docs for scanning at the chosen vfs centre.( All originals will be returned to you at the same day)
Actually your husband would have applied through the same site, he can apply( read submit) on your behalf (under option applying for someone else) and can put your contact details (email id, phone no. Etc) separately for both you and your kid.

Spouse requirement
Ensure to have your marriage certificate, wedding card, photos, chat snapshots to prove your relationship.
Plus maintenance and accommodation proofs to show that he can support you both.