ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job Offer Letter for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chichang
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Job Offer Letter for ILR

Post by chichang » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:17 pm

Hi guys,

Got a question reg. ILR. Its much appreciated if any of you can help

I am currently employed but I have a job offer from another company. I become eligible for ILR before I switch jobs. The new company has agreed to get me an ILR before joining. However, I have been told that I need to be in employment during the ILR application.

Could any of you confirm if I can furnish job offer letter by the new company for ILR application?

ahasnaini
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Job Offer Letter for ILR

Post by ahasnaini » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:24 pm

What VISA are you on currently ? assuming Tier 2 General

If that is the case you need to be employed with the same employer that sponsored you the visa.
For your application you will need a letter from that employer that you are required for the job for the foreseeable future.

If you switch jobs, your new employer will first need to sponsor you a visa T2G, if your job is not in shortage occupation list a RLMT would be required for your new T2G visa .
After which you can apply for ILR with a letter from new employer.

It is best to stay with your current employer get ILR and resign after you get your ILR

chichang
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by chichang » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:54 pm

ahasnaini wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:24 pm
What VISA are you on currently ? assuming Tier 2 General

If that is the case you need to be employed with the same employer that sponsored you the visa.
For your application you will need a letter from that employer that you are required for the job for the foreseeable future.

If you switch jobs, your new employer will first need to sponsor you a visa T2G, if your job is not in shortage occupation list a RLMT would be required for your new T2G visa .
After which you can apply for ILR with a letter from new employer.

It is best to stay with your current employer get ILR and resign after you get your ILR
@ahasnaini, thank you so much for your quick reply. Much appreciated

The new company is suggesting now that they will take me in T2G for an year (6th year on T2G) and then get me an ILR by the end of T2G tenure

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:09 pm

You can apply for ILR at any point when you meet the requirements, You do not have to wait till the end of year 6 on Tier 2.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chichang
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by chichang » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:09 pm
You can apply for ILR at any point when you meet the requirements, You do not have to wait till the end of year 6 on Tier 2.
Thanks CR001, yes, I agree, I will leave it to my new company to decide that

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:49 pm

chichang wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:17 pm
Hi guys,

I am currently employed but I have a job offer from another company. I become eligible for ILR before I switch jobs. The new company has agreed to get me an ILR before joining. However, I have been told that I need to be in employment during the ILR application.

Could any of you confirm if I can furnish job offer letter by the new company for ILR application?
If you are eligible for ILR and meets all the requirements, why not get your ILR with your current employer before changing jobs? I guess you will need to serve a notice period anyway. so you can as well get your ILR first and then resign your current job to take the new offer.
Whichever option you decide to go for, make sure you do not resign from your job until you either have your ILR or a new Tier 2 visa from the new employer
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

learner29
United Kingdom

Post by learner29 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:05 pm

Djsuccess wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:49 pm
chichang wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:17 pm
Hi guys,

If you are eligible for ILR and meets all the requirements, why not get your ILR with your current employer before changing jobs? I guess you will need to serve a notice period anyway. so you can as well get your ILR first and then resign your current job to take the new offer.
Whichever option you decide to go for, make sure you do not resign from your job until you either have your ILR or a new Tier 2 visa from the new employer
Why to take risk. If the new Tier 2 visa gets refused then where will you stand? Why not apply with the current employer!