ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Where does Tier 1 Application is processed in India or UK?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mangop
Newly Registered

Where does Tier 1 Application is processed in India or UK?

Post by mangop » Tue May 20, 2008 10:09 pm

Hello Guys,

Is Tier 1 application is processed and visa is stamped in british consulate in India or does it goes to Home office in UK?

push
United Kingdom

Re: Where does Tier 1 Application is processed in India or U

Post by push » Wed May 21, 2008 12:20 am

Depends on where you apply from.

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Wed May 21, 2008 2:23 am

Tier 1 applications are evaluated, processed and approved (or rejected)only in the UK. Once the application is approved, it is sent to the BHC in India which issues the EC visa.

regards

deepakad
Newly Registered

Post by deepakad » Wed May 21, 2008 4:58 am

I dont know where its finally approved or Rejected.

But if you applying in India, you dont need to send papers to Home Office, UK. But now you an submit application in local VFS office itself.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed May 21, 2008 8:47 am

Are you saying then the BHC is mearly a rubber stamp as far as Tier 1 is concerned? I was reading the following on PBS main guidance on VFS website:

" Please note that the term “the Agencyâ€

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Wed May 21, 2008 11:20 am

The Entry Clearance Officers, as the name suggests, and the caseworkers in the BHCs only assess EC applications and issue / reject ECs. So they are assessing officers for the purpose of EC and visa issuance.

Tier 1 applications are assessed by the UK Border Agency's caseworkers who are based in the UK. These caseworkers are assessing officers for the purpose of evaluating applications for various immigration schemes run by UK govt., Tier 1 being one of them.

regards

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed May 21, 2008 11:57 pm

I still do not agree with that. This is what is available on BIA website:

"If you are applying in India, you can download the guidance, self-assessment and personal details application forms from the VFS website - see the link on the right of this page. VFS is a commercial company operating visa application centres throughout India on behalf of the UK Border Agency. VFS will forward applications to the British high commission or appropriate deputy high commission for consideration. Please contact VFS or your nearest visa application centre if you have any questions about making an application in India."

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... sedsystem/

Doesn't this clearly indicate that the applications are being processed in BHC in India for Indian applicants? In earlier HSMP days, applicants from India had to apply to HO for initial HSMP approval and then to local BHC for EC. Now it seems that both these things (as part of a consolidated process) are being managed locally.
hsmpinuk70 wrote:The Entry Clearance Officers, as the name suggests, and the caseworkers in the BHCs only assess EC applications and issue / reject ECs. So they are assessing officers for the purpose of EC and visa issuance.

Tier 1 applications are assessed by the UK Border Agency's caseworkers who are based in the UK. These caseworkers are assessing officers for the purpose of evaluating applications for various immigration schemes run by UK govt., Tier 1 being one of them.

regards

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Thu May 22, 2008 2:51 am

I wonder why isn't a India helpline number provided for Indian applicants to check progress?? Why do they have to call UK everytime??

Anyhow, this is a non-issue altogether, so why argue about it. :wink:

I am happy with my version knowing it to be a fact. You are happy with your explanation based on your sources. As long as both parties are happy, no need for a JR. :lol: :lol:

Case closed from my end. And no hard feelings :)

regards
If you consider yourself highly skilled, think like one.
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.