ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship - weird letter?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

highlandsdj
Newly Registered
Antigua & Barbuda

Citizenship - weird letter?

Post by highlandsdj » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:13 pm

Hello, wonder if someone can shed some light.
I have the following timeline:

1)Applied in mid March 2018
2)Acknowledgement received: in 2 days, passport returned, no reference number 'Due to high volumes of applications, your application has not yet been fully assessed. This being the case you might be requested to submit further docs. Your application number will be issued in due course."
3) The following letter with reference number received: end of May

'I am directed by the Minister of Justice and Equality to acknowledge receipt of your application for naturalisation along with supporting docs and the Statutory application fee. Please find application fee receipt enclosed for your records. Reference No XXXXX has been assigned to your case and you should have it in hand when you need to contact the office.
Please notify us in writing quoting above number if you move address or if there's change in your circumstances (marriage/employment) etc which you consider might affect your application.
Important note: Your application has not been examined in full and we will be unable to confirm if you meet the other statutory conditions for naturalisation until a further examination takes place'

Am I still on stage 1 or this is stage 2?
This is now 7 month since I applied.
I have a clear profile (no fines, no welfare, have good job, have mortgage).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship - weird letter?

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:20 pm

????? All the same name in email address. Multiple usernames are not permitted.

member/mrrobotez/

member/HandsomeSeal/

member/mrrobot/

Multiple Usernames (click to read)
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

highlandsdj
Newly Registered
Antigua & Barbuda

Post by highlandsdj » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:37 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:20 pm
????? All the same name in email address. Multiple usernames are not permitted.

member/mrrobotez/

member/HandsomeSeal/

member/mrrobot/

Multiple Usernames (click to read)
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Sorry for that. Had 2 accounts (mine + partner's) on the same email. Then we forgot both passwords, and didn't have permission to reset, so created 2 new accounts. If possible, you can delete other accounts, or send password resend link

Kib
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kib » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:25 pm

Definitely Stage 1.

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:36 am

highlandsdj wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:13 pm
Hello, wonder if someone can shed some light.
I have the following timeline:

1)Applied in mid March 2018
2)Acknowledgement received: in 2 days, passport returned, no reference number 'Due to high volumes of applications, your application has not yet been fully assessed. This being the case you might be requested to submit further docs. Your application number will be issued in due course."
3) The following letter with reference number received: end of May

'I am directed by the Minister of Justice and Equality to acknowledge receipt of your application for naturalisation along with supporting docs and the Statutory application fee. Please find application fee receipt enclosed for your records. Reference No XXXXX has been assigned to your case and you should have it in hand when you need to contact the office.
Please notify us in writing quoting above number if you move address or if there's change in your circumstances (marriage/employment) etc which you consider might affect your application.
Important note: Your application has not been examined in full and we will be unable to confirm if you meet the other statutory conditions for naturalisation until a further examination takes place'

Am I still on stage 1 or this is stage 2?
This is now 7 month since I applied.
I have a clear profile (no fines, no welfare, have good job, have mortgage).
The second letter is stage 2. The first letter is stage 1.
Just to clarify.
1st stage relates to initial processing of the application.
2nd stage relates to statutory conditions, such as good character etc. This stage can take from 2 to 6 months to 2 years or so.

2pac4ever
Mood:
Ireland

Post by 2pac4ever » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:41 am

I agree with the others. You're still in stage 1 I'm afraid