ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizen want to bring parents in the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

talkhome
United Kingdom

British citizen want to bring parents in the UK

Post by talkhome » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:01 pm

hi everyone,

I am British Citizen.

I want to bring my parents from Pakistan to UK. They both got 10 years visitor visa valid till 2026.

Can someone please guide me if there is a possibility to bring them here on adult dependent visa.
I am the only son and they are over 60s but both are healthy.

I am also open to over to Ireland for this?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British citizen want to bring parents in the UK

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:08 pm

Can someone please guide me if there is a possibility to bring them here on adult dependent visa.
I am the only son and they are over 60s but both are healthy.
Unlikely they will get or qualify for an adult dependent visa. The UK doesn't permit 'chain migration'. If you do apply and it is refused, the likely outcome is their visitor visa might get cancelled and they won't be able to get another visitor visa due to their intention to settled being known.

immigration-for-family-members/adult-de ... 87771.html

immigration-for-family-members/older-de ... 42420.html
I am also open to over to Ireland for this?
You will need to post your question in the Ireland sub forum. However, be careful as many have been refused due to proving they are self sufficient and have ties to home country for a UK visitor visa and then failed to prove and provide evidence of dependence for the EEA route permit in Ireland. The UK and Ireland share immigration information. Bear in mind also that with Brexit due soon, you might not have sufficient time to do the centre of life move to Ireland, bring them to Ireland and then return to the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

talkhome
United Kingdom

Post by talkhome » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:31 pm

Thank you.

Let me post it in Ireland subforum

Naveed24
Pakistan

Post by Naveed24 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:03 am

Hi.

My parents are currently in the UK in visitor visa. I’m their son and British citizen with my children and wife. My other brother is studying in the UK. Is there any way we can get them flr fp or flr o visa from within Uk? Plz update me. Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:09 am

Naveed24 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:03 am
Hi.

My parents are currently in the UK in visitor visa. I’m their son and British citizen with my children and wife. My other brother is studying in the UK. Is there any way we can get them flr fp or flr o visa from within Uk? Plz update me. Thanks
Neither can a visitor visa be switched to ANY other category from with in the UK.

CR001's advice still stands. Have you read the information in the links she posted :?: :idea:

Edit: posting in another member's thread is unfair and causes confusion, Please post in your own topic.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.