ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting decision on Settlement Visa longer than 120 working days

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ponpan Knight
Newly Registered
Thailand

Waiting decision on Settlement Visa longer than 120 working days

Post by Ponpan Knight » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:59 pm

I applied Settlement Visa on 27 March 2018 (Biometric) in Bangkok.
Received non straightforward 60 working days.
My husband have not yet received the original documents back.
My case is escalated at least 4 times and My husband contacted MP to get involved 120 working days but MP can't do anything. This delay is depressing me and my husband and it's ruining our relationship with this waiting game.

Anyone have any idea how I can chase the decision from Home Office?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Waiting decision on Settlement Visa longer than 120 working days

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:40 pm

Was there anything in the application that might result in it being considered as not straightforward :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Gujarkhan
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Gujarkhan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:35 pm

I am in a similar dilemma 135 working days and 5 escalations later we are still waiting.

My husband did do voluntary return after overstaying visit visa. Howevever it states on gov website 100% settlement visas are resolved in 24 weeks. We both have surpassed that now Mps are no help.

How long is the max time they can take does anyone know.

Ponpan Knight
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by Ponpan Knight » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:30 am

I think my case is quite complicated because my husband works for 2 part-time jobs and both are the zero hour contract and I used my master degree certificate from UK university to prove my English.

However, I heard that some people who work as a full time and their income is over the requirement. They also received the not straightforward email.

As it's mention on the GOV.UK about the processing time of settlement visa that 100% of settlement application within 24 weeks (120 working days) of the application date. I sent the complaint email to home office and also posted on WhatdoTheyKnow. I know there're still many people who are waiting longer than 24 weeks. I think if we are together and complain about this delay, home office will probably take action.
This delay is ruining our lives and we do not deserve the unacceptable service.

Anyone have any idea to chase the decision, please let me know?