ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS for UKVI (academic) - Spouse VIsa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrbzu
Newly Registered

IELTS for UKVI (academic) - Spouse VIsa

Post by mrbzu » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:15 pm

Hi All,
i have dig around few forums and there are several posts stating that Visa refused as IELTS for UKVI (academic) is not acceptable evidence for english language for UK spouse visa. it is IELTS Liefe skills level A1.

only life skills IELTS for UKVI having unique UKVI number to verify IELTS (not academic) only acceptable evidence for English language for UK spouse visa is IELTS life skills A1 from approved testing center. (that's what HO said exactly).
so my suggestion to you is you should book Life Skills A1 test from approved UKVI testing center at your earliest, don't waste time and efforts for academic, it wont be accepted.

Do any body got spouse visa while having IELTS for UKVI (academic)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IELTS for UKVI (academic) - Spouse VIsa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:40 pm

Kindly desist from spamming the forum with multiple duplicate posts in old topics (2013, 2016, 2017)!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mrbzu
Newly Registered

Post by mrbzu » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:45 am

Hi CR001,
I hope you understand the reason behind sending few posts on old threads as answer is not clear and i have urgency as i need to apply the visa next week. I would be greatly obliged if you can spare a minute and help.

I understand that the requirement is to do IELTS life Skills A1
will Ielts for UKVI academic proves the requirement of minimum level A for 1st time entry clearance?

will Ielts life skills B1 will do the job? if we go for this then in extension or indefinite leave we don't need to do the IELTS again?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:16 am

UKVI clearly and specifically mention the requirement for entry clerance to UK is IELTS Life Skills A1, A2 or B1.

I do not know why people make mistake and do ACADEMICS and then worry.

You can do IELTS Like Skills B1 if you want.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:02 pm

Ielts life skills B1 is more sensible to choose because its 2-3 minutes longer than A1 but in long term more beneficial.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.