ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kill9
Newly Registered

Previous earnings

Post by Kill9 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:02 pm

I'm applying for the HSMP while currently in the UK on a WHM visa. During my time here I have not done any work and the last payslips/proof of employment I have are from my position prior to entering the UK (4 months ago). Can I use my employment records up to that date, or how do they handle periods of unemployment?

Raghu
Newly Registered

Post by Raghu » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:52 pm

Hi,

If I understand right
- You've been in the UK for 4 months; unemployed / on holiday
- Were working for the last 8 months in the previous 12 month period ; outside of uk

You can use the 8 months of employment to present a pro-rata case. Basically take the income earned in 8 months and do pro-rata for 12 months and check if u meet the earnings criteria.

I did the same when I moved from India to Dubai. Applied with 8 months of india payslips and got my CA to write a letter showing the pro-rata income.

Got the approval a few days ago :-)

Cheers,
Raghu