ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Employer reference must for an ILR application???

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vijier1
Newly Registered

Is Employer reference must for an ILR application???

Post by vijier1 » Thu May 22, 2008 9:36 am

Hi,
I was on WP for 4 years and I am currently on HSMP. I will be applying for ILR next week. I have all the payslips and appointment letter from my current employer.
But, getting a reference letter from my employer is a lengthy process and I am not sure if I will get the letter before next week as I will be submitting my application next wednesday.

So, could you please confirm if an employer reference letter is a must for ILR processing??

Many thanks

anjali_devi

Post by anjali_devi » Thu May 22, 2008 10:32 am

Since your ILR is under an employment category, this is letter is a must.

srini08
Newly Registered

ILR query, please help

Post by srini08 » Thu May 22, 2008 10:43 am

My husband is a doctor, came to uk to write PLAB test in Sep 1998. on his passport initial stamp was '' C visit - PLAB'' valid for 6month.

within 5months of his initial period he shifted to permit free visa in Feb 1999 and started working.( applied to permit free visa from uk itself, not from his home country)

From then on he is on work permit (in October1994) and later changed to HSMP (April 2005),never had a gap.

My question is can we consider his initial visa period (first 5months in 1998) towards his ILR on 10 year long stay categary.

Any help would be appreciated

anjali_devi

Post by anjali_devi » Thu May 22, 2008 10:51 am

srini08 you will get a better response if you start a new topic for your question.