ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test certificate error

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yagmur
Newly Registered
Turkey

Life in the UK test certificate error

Post by yagmur » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:37 am

Hi everyone,

I took Life in the UK test twice because in my first certificate my town of birth was incorrect and I didn't want to risk my application. I passed again however now I have 2 pass certificates.

Here I read about some people taking the test twice because of an error too, so I was wondering what did you do with your old certificate? Does it automatically get superseeded by the newer one?

Test centre advisor told me it should get superseeded, however he wasn't sure. Also on the certificate it says "This result is sent to home office electronically" so now they have two results of me.

He also told me taking test twice might look suspicious, so he said maybe I shouldn't mention...

Then I called Home Office and they were extremely unhelpful. They said we don't advise anything on your documents, it's up to you what you want to do with your old certificate.

I really need help from people who experienced a similar situation, or people knowledgeable about what should be done please.

Thanks a lot!!!

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Life in the UK test certificate error

Post by cyclina1 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:05 pm

yagmur wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:37 am
Hi everyone,

I took Life in the UK test twice because in my first certificate my town of birth was incorrect and I didn't want to risk my application. I passed again however now I have 2 pass certificates.

Here I read about some people taking the test twice because of an error too, so I was wondering what did you do with your old certificate? Does it automatically get superseeded by the newer one? The home office will have the data of both tests passed. You can just submit the correct one.

Test centre advisor told me it should get superseeded, however he wasn't sure. Also on the certificate it says "This result is sent to home office electronically" so now they have two results of me.

He also told me taking test twice might look suspicious, so he said maybe I shouldn't mention... No worries, this is not suspicious. Many people lost their first test result and sat the test again.

Then I called Home Office and they were extremely unhelpful. They said we don't advise anything on your documents, it's up to you what you want to do with your old certificate. They are rubbish, don't waste money with them anymore.

I really need help from people who experienced a similar situation, or people knowledgeable about what should be done please. My wife lost the first test pass letter, and sat again (although the test letter found later).....

Thanks a lot!!!
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:25 pm

Can they not correct an incorrect certificate? Did you complain?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

yagmur
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by yagmur » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:34 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:05 pm
yagmur wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:37 am
Hi everyone,

Here I read about some people taking the test twice because of an error too, so I was wondering what did you do with your old certificate? Does it automatically get superseeded by the newer one? The home office will have the data of both tests passed. You can just submit the correct one.

He also told me taking test twice might look suspicious, so he said maybe I shouldn't mention... No worries, this is not suspicious. Many people lost their first test result and sat the test again.

Then I called Home Office and they were extremely unhelpful. They said we don't advise anything on your documents, it's up to you what you want to do with your old certificate. They are rubbish, don't waste money with them anymore.

I really need help from people who experienced a similar situation, or people knowledgeable about what should be done please. My wife lost the first test pass letter, and sat again (although the test letter found later).....

Thanks a lot!!!

Thank you so much for the answer! It really helps.

In the meantime someone else advised me to send the both certificates, and attach a letter explaining the situation. Does that make sense? Or should I not complicate things and only send the latest certificate without any explanation or anything...?

(But if home office has both data, then they might think then why did she take twice - so maybe some explanation is necessary) Sorry I just want to have a error-free application, even thought it's too late for that...

yagmur
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by yagmur » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:38 pm

vinny wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:25 pm
It was my fault so can't complain. And apparently they can't correct the certificate so I didn't take the risk and took the test again. However I am now confused how to proceed with 2 certificates in hand.

trilobite1981
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by trilobite1981 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:35 pm

I would send only the correct certificate. I don’t see any harm including a covering letter if you really want to send one.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:20 pm

yagmur wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:38 pm
vinny wrote:
It was my fault so can't complain. And apparently they can't correct the certificate so I didn't take the risk and took the test again. However I am now confused how to proceed with 2 certificates in hand.
you can definitely send both and explain with cover letter. definitely fine and no problem.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

yagmur
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by yagmur » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:56 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:20 pm
yagmur wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:38 pm
vinny wrote:
you can definitely send both and explain with cover letter. definitely fine and no problem.
Thank you very much for your reply, I will do that!