ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tough English language requirements and Life in the UK Test, new proposed reforms

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bluebird12
Pakistan

Tough English language requirements and Life in the UK Test, new proposed reforms

Post by bluebird12 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:54 am

Hi everybody,

Home Secretary announced proposed reforms for British citizenship and Indefinite Leave to Remain ‘Tougher English language requirements and Life in the UK Test’. For details please read at UKVI website...

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/home ... ip-reforms

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Tough English language requirements and Life in the UK Test, new proposed reforms

Post by equitydealer » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:59 am

No surprise really, aligning with Brexit
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

srivisaN

Re: Tough English language requirements and Life in the UK Test, new proposed reforms

Post by srivisaN » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:12 am

any idea when this is going to be implemented ? also what will happen to people who already cleared life in UK test and proved Language requirement as part of ILR

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:19 am

This was announced at the Conservative party congress, it's not been laid before parliament (unless it will be a statutory instrument). Also, the materials have to be developed, the service providers re-tendered, updated, trained, etc. In my view this is a post-Brexit feel good "nice to have" given to party members.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

bluebird12
Pakistan

Post by bluebird12 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:02 am

Possibly Home Office can set a date , if someone has already passed the Tests they can use before that date ...after that date people would need to pass again new updated Tests...not a good news at all...