ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa - British Citizen

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Spouse visa - British Citizen

Post by rmkirfan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:53 pm

Hi ,
I must admit, been successful long residence ILR & British citizenship applications with your advices. Great board. Now its time for more advice on Family visa please.

Recently visited India for engagement. I kept pics and flight tickets as evidence .This is family arranged and traditional ceremony.And hope wedding will be in couple of months.As my would be is in India , we Likely to apply in Jan/Feb 2019 from India.Now Im planning to prepare documents as much as I can.

1)I could not find, if there is any premium service available? or would you advise my best option to bring her asap please?

2) Is FLR(M) is correct form to apply from India?

3)Employment situation: In Aug 2018 moved to self employment and will pass the income threshold(18600 pa), but I believe need 1 year income documents isnt due to employment change in last 6 months?

4)When I was Indian, had divorce in India (2015) and got divorce certificate from Indian qazi on his letter head and stamped.I hope thats sufficient isnt or do I need divorce certificate from Indian court?

5) she is MSc graduate in nutrition (English medium) , Do I have to get UKNARIC confirmation certificate?

6)covering letter: covers my engagement and wedding process, employment and accomodation(studio flat). Iis it advisable?

7)As this is arrange marriage, we are not communicating and could not provide evidences, but I will get more after wedding such as pics, messages, emails etc. Is that ok?

Thanks in Advance,
RMK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa - British Citizen

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:39 pm

1)I could not find, if there is any premium service available? or would you advise my best option to bring her asap please?
There is no 'premium same day' service for application abroad. You likely only have standard or priority service, both of which can take in excess of 60 days.
2) Is FLR(M) is correct form to apply from India?
No it is not. FLR(M) is for applications made WITHIN the UK. You need VAF4A and Appendix 2 for a spouse visa application abroad.
3)Employment situation: In Aug 2018 moved to self employment and will pass the income threshold(18600 pa), but I believe need 1 year income documents isnt due to employment change in last 6 months?
This has just complicated your application and you will likely have to wait a bit longer to apply for a spouse visa. Others can offer more advice on this.
4)When I was Indian, had divorce in India (2015) and got divorce certificate from Indian qazi on his letter head and stamped.I hope thats sufficient isnt or do I need divorce certificate from Indian court?
You need official court divorce decree/papers to prove you were free to marry.
5) she is MSc graduate in nutrition (English medium) , Do I have to get UKNARIC confirmation certificate?
Yes you need Naric, UKVI Red route. Costs £150, same as the English test.
6)covering letter: covers my engagement and wedding process, employment and accomodation(studio flat). Iis it advisable?
The online form asks for all information. Covering letter is not mandatory.
7)As this is arrange marriage, we are not communicating and could not provide evidences, but I will get more after wedding such as pics, messages, emails etc. Is that ok?
You should try keep some evidence of meeting and communicating prior to application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:43 pm

Thank you very much CR001. Is it worth trying Fiance visa as I dont have hopes to get divorce decree certificate from Indian court, Please advise?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:02 pm

rmkirfan wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:43 pm
Thank you very much CR001. Is it worth trying Fiance visa as I dont have hopes to get divorce decree certificate from Indian court, Please advise?
A fiance visa application also requires a copy of your divorce decree. It will be refused without it. :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:44 pm

Thanks casa, does it have to be divorce decree from court? As indian state government will provide divorce certificate on basis on qazi (minister of religion) divorce letter which will be less time consuming,if acceptable ?
And also when I applied for my British passport application,I filled x-wife details in divorce section. Would that help with just divorce certificate rather than decree.
Please advice?

mrbzu
Newly Registered

Post by mrbzu » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:53 am

if your previous wife lived with you in UK, you need divorce decree from UK court. they will not accept the divorce decree from india as far as i know.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:57 am

Thanks Mrbzu..
Actually I was on Tier1 when married and she had dependent status. She lived with me in UK for 5 years on spouse visa , but we got divorced in India in 2015 as per sharia law. I was still Indian during divorce. Do you still think I can get divorce decree from UK court? Similar to marriage certificates indian state government will provide divorce certificate. Do you think that's good enough? Because UK has accepted marriage certificate for spouse visa from state government..and also guidance is asking divorce certificate isnt? .please advise..bit puzzled really..
Thanks in advance..

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:17 am

A British court won't issue a Divorce decree absolute certificate for a divorce under Sharia law which has taken place in India.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:10 am

Much appreciate Casa,Therefore, do you think Divorce certificate from Indian state government (Wakf Board) is acceptable please? As UK embassy considered marriage certificate from wakf board. Please confirm..

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:45 pm

Hi guys, could you please confirm , Divorce certificate from Indian state government (wakf board) is acceptable or does it have to be from the court?
Thanks in Advance..