ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

site of homeoffice

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dattu
Newly Registered

site of homeoffice

Post by dattu » Thu May 22, 2008 1:06 pm

is there any site in home office stating the type of job can do by hasmp holders. if the site is there can you please let me know.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 22, 2008 1:10 pm

Here's the link to HO website www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk

I can't recall anything being mentioned about the kind of jobs an HSMP holder is allowed (or not allowed) to undertake - not on the website nor in the HSMP guidance.

regards

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Thu May 22, 2008 1:18 pm

As far as I am aware, you can do any job you want.

Of course, you would want to make sure the job meets the income threshold for extensions.

Also, it might raise questions at extension time if you are doing a job completely unrelated to the one you specified in your application. For example, if you state you are an accountant in your application but your job in the UK is picking strawberries. I don't think there are any formal rules about this, but since the trend is to be more restrictive and to refuse as many people as possible, it it better to avoid potential issues.