ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nav1986
Newly Registered
India

naturalisation application

Post by nav1986 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:03 pm

Guys,

Wonder if anyone can help here. I made my citizenship application on April 2018, via NCS(NOT JCAP). After 5 months of waiting I havent received update, so I emailed HO(FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk) to check the status. They said, a decision was taken on 30th June, and a letter was sent. I haven't received any letter. Not sure if its royal mail or HO itself. they also said they would resend my decision letter.

However, i also emailed Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk, but they are saying the application is still under consideration!!! I am really confused here, not sure what to trust.

What also concerns me is, if the decision was taken on 30th June, and if approved shouldnt I have received a letter for ceremony? does that mean the application is refused?

any advise on this situation?

Kind Regards
Nav

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: naturalisation application

Post by cyclina1 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:28 pm

No worries. Even you are refused, you will also receive the decision letter from the HO.

And they only post by the cheapest 2nd class post, no tracking and post can lose, who knows?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

nav1986
Newly Registered
India

Post by nav1986 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:46 pm

Hi,

I know i would still receive the refusal letter. But what i mean is, if my application was approved and posted on 30th June, I should have received the another letter for ceremony right? what are the chances for both to go missing?

Archer1
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Archer1 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:38 pm

nav1986 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:46 pm
Hi,

I know i would still receive the refusal letter. But what i mean is, if my application was approved and posted on 30th June, I should have received the another letter for ceremony right? what are the chances for both to go missing?
Hi ,
No need to worry, some members have had received only ceremony letter which included the approval, so any thing could happen just suggest you to remain positive.
Regards.
__A

nav1986
Newly Registered
India

Post by nav1986 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:05 pm

Ok.. thank you. I did not know they send a combined letter. Any idea how long they take to resend the decision letter. ?

jay253
Newly Registered

Post by jay253 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:12 pm

not sure if it helps but if you paid for application online and in worst case scenario ( I really hope not) your application is refused they must have refunded £80 ceremony fee to card you paid application with!! if not hopefully decision is in your favour!!!

nav1986
Newly Registered
India

Post by nav1986 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:27 pm

jay253 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:12 pm
not sure if it helps but if you paid for application online and in worst case scenario ( I really hope not) your application is refused they must have refunded £80 ceremony fee to card you paid application with!! if not hopefully decision is in your favour!!!
No, I did not make an online application. I applied through NCS service, paper application basically.

nav1986
Newly Registered
India

Post by nav1986 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:37 pm

Archer1 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:38 pm
nav1986 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:46 pm
Hi,

Hi ,
No need to worry, some members have had received only ceremony letter which included the approval, so any thing could happen just suggest you to remain positive.
Regards.
Ok.. thank you. I did not know they send a combined letter. Any idea how long they take to resend the decision letter. ?