ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa - accommodation headache

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ObbyBobby
Newly Registered
Christmas Island

Spouse visa - accommodation headache

Post by ObbyBobby » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:26 am

My wife and I are looking to move to the UK. We have been married 10+ years and have everything in place to make the application minus proving adequate accommodation. Our financial situation is reasonably sound and we have the savings in place from the sale of a property to allow us to meet the financial requirements without me travelling on first and finding a job in the UK. When we get to the UK we plan to purchase a property. But our headache is that we want to avoid renting a property and wasting money when in all likelihood within 6 weeks of arriving we hope to be homeowners. We do not have any contacts/family in the UK who can provide us with accommodation, even for a month or two, which would have been ideal. I thought about a short term tenancy agreement, 3 months maybe, but from which date do I start the agreement? When I make the application I don't know when it will get accepted. Easy solution would be for me to travel on ahead and rent something but its something we would like to avoid.

ObbyBobby
Newly Registered
Christmas Island

Re: Spouse visa - accommodation headache

Post by ObbyBobby » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:26 pm

Or would an Airbnb reservation for say 4-6 weeks be deemed sufficient?