ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS fee for PBS Dependant extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kalics
Newly Registered

IHS fee for PBS Dependant extension

Post by kalics » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:40 pm

Hi,

I was originally on Tier 2 ICT and then acquired my ILR in 2016.

My wife has been on PBS Dependant since 2014 and now she is applying for PBS Dependant extension from the UK, as she hasn't completed her 5 years for ILR.

Given the fact that I have ILR and the expiry date as 2024 on the BRP card, if she adds my details in section "Are you applying to join or remain with a person already in the UK?", it comes back with a fee of £1300 for IHS presumably for 6.5 years validity.

If she chooses to not add my details on the IHS application in the above section (as I have ILR), IHS fee comes back as Zero.

Based on what I read on the boards, she should not be adding my details on the IHS section as I am not on Tier 2 Visa anymore, but I'm worried that she won't be paying any IHS - is this correct for my scenario? Please can you advise.

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IHS fee for PBS Dependant extension

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:46 am

Add your details and put ILR expiry date of 3 years ahead to get the correct amount of IHS of £600
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kalics
Newly Registered

Post by kalics » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:15 am

Thanks very much.

It sounds like a good idea to pay the right amount. However, I'm a bit worried that i won't be entering the exact date of expiry as per my BRP of ILR. You don't think it would be a problem, do you?

Alternatively, If i still enter the date of 2024 and pay the excessive IHS fee, do you think it would be refunded automatically?

Sorry for all the questions, your help is much appreciated.

Regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:16 am

You don't think it would be a problem, do you?
No, many have done this due to this glitch in the system and received visa extension approvals without any issues.
Alternatively, If i still enter the date of 2024 and pay the excessive IHS fee, do you think it would be refunded automatically?
Usually yes, it takes a while though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kalics
Newly Registered

Post by kalics » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:24 am

Thanks very much. Very helpful.

kalics
Newly Registered

Post by kalics » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:23 pm

Hi CR001,

Just to update back, i did as you suggested i.e., added ILR expiry date as 3 years ahead, instead of the actual expiry and paid the right amount of IHS. Just received confirmation today that the application has been approved and BRP is on its way.

Can't thank you enough, much appreciated.

Cheers.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:45 pm

Congrats, glad all worked out well.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sunny007
United Kingdom

Post by sunny007 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:00 am

kalics wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:23 pm
Hi CR001,

Just to update back, i did as you suggested i.e., added ILR expiry date as 3 years ahead, instead of the actual expiry and paid the right amount of IHS. Just received confirmation today that the application has been approved and BRP is on its way.

Can't thank you enough, much appreciated.

Cheers.
Hi kalics,

Congrats for the Visa, and sorry for asking the question in your thread rather than creating my own, could you please guide us , what did you put in the COS number field and expiry date of COS field in the Dependent online application form?
Thanks

kalics
Newly Registered

Post by kalics » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:03 pm

Hi Sunny007

The COS my employer had secured for me whilst I was in Tier 2 ICT had expired already when my wife was submitting the application.

Because I now have my ILR, my employer obviously did not get a new COS for me and therefore I was the sponsor for my wife (without any COS) and I only wrote a letter stating this.

Coming to your questions, i don't see these exact questions on the downloaded application form for some reason. I only see a couple of questions related to COS in "The person you're accompanying section" and my answers were as below:

What is the length of Mr xxxx Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)?
3 years or less <<It was the length of the COS i had originally>>

Has Mr xxxxx sponsor agreed to certify your maintenance? No

I certainly did not enter the previous COS number or its expiry date anywhere on the application. (So i believe if there was a question whether there is a COS available, i must have answered "no")

Not sure if it helps. Let me know if you have any other queries.

Regards.