ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Information for Citizenship after ILR.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ali7770
Pakistan

Information for Citizenship after ILR.

Post by Ali7770 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:37 pm

Hello everyone.

I am currently looking for information about Naturalization/Citizenship after ILR.

My question is that few weeks back I got ILR through Tier 1 (Ent) 5 years Route.

I am planning to travel outside country. Just want to know that how many months/days I have allowed to stay outside country, If exactly after one year of ILR I will apply my Naturalization.

Please confirm this as well. some one told me that I cannot stay outside country more than 90 days and I should not have any absence from last 90 days before the application date of Naturalization.

And secondly should I need to prepare any other document for Naturalization.

I already have:
1) MBA Degree from uk. (English Language)
2) LIUT.

Your Response will be appreciated.

Best Regards
Ali

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Information for Citizenship after ILR.

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:44 pm

I am planning to travel outside country. Just want to know that how many months/days I have allowed to stay outside country, If exactly after one year of ILR I will apply my Naturalization.
Assuming you are NOT married to a British citizen, you cannot have absence of more than 450 days in the 5 years immediately preceding date of application and no more than 90 days absence in the 12 months immediately preceding date of application.
Please confirm this as well. some one told me that I cannot stay outside country more than 90 days and I should not have any absence from last 90 days before the application date of Naturalization.
There is no '90 days limit', so this is nonsense. The absence limit in the 12 months before applying is no more than 90 days, in a single absence or spread out.

I already have:
2) LIUT.
Read the form and guidance notes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ali7770
Pakistan

Post by Ali7770 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:34 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:44 pm
Assuming you are NOT married to a British citizen, you cannot have absence of more than 450 days in the 5 years immediately preceding date of application and no more than 90 days absence in the 12 months immediately preceding date of application.

Thanks CR001 for your reply.
yes i am not married to BC. I understand about 450 days in last five years from the date of application.
But I don't understand the 90 days point in 12 months (is that mean, I cannot stay outside country more than 90 days in last 12 months from the date of application, please correct me If I am wrong).

Thanks for your Time.
There is no '90 days limit', so this is nonsense. The absence limit in the 12 months before applying is no more than 90 days, in a single absence or spread out.

I already have:
2) LIUT.
Read the form and guidance notes.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:41 pm

yes i am not married to BC. I understand about 450 days in last five years from the date of application.
But I don't understand the 90 days point in 12 months (is that mean, I cannot stay outside country more than 90 days in last 12 months from the date of application, please correct me If I am wrong).
You cannot stay outside the UK for more than 90 days in the 12 months immediately before date of application for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.