ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good character

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Abeythedon
United Kingdom

Good character

Post by Abeythedon » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:57 pm

Thank you everybody on this platform for sharing your experiences.

I want to know from expert views when can I apply for Naturalization based on Good Character.

September 2007 came to the UK then overstayed the visa. In 2008/ 2009 or 2009/2010 can't actually remember ed the yr, I applied for EEA dependant that was under consideration for nearly 9 months, later we were told to send some documents by Homeoffice, I couldn't get the documents on time then requested for time extension from the Homeoffice.

The lawyer later moved the firm and couldn't findout the whereabout my application.

In 2013 March got married to EEA, applied for resident card which was refused in September and I appealed and was allowed got my visa 2014 and I have also received my PR.
By Feb 2019 I would have held the PR for 1 year.

When I went to court for my resident card in 2013 Homeoffice found that I had an application inside and I have the letter with me saying I have 2 applications inside.

My Question is that the the previous EEA dependant was hanging at Homeoffice around 2009 till I submitted my resident card can I count that as part of my 10 yrs resident when applying for Naturalization????

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Good character

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:04 pm

September 2007 came to the UK then overstayed the visa. In 2008/ 2009 or 2009/2010 can't actually remember ed the yr, I applied for EEA dependant that was under consideration for nearly 9 months, later we were told to send some documents by Homeoffice, I couldn't get the documents on time then requested for time extension from the Homeoffice.
You overstayed until the date you married in March 2013. eea-route-applications/non-eea-pr-or-ro ... l#p1596433
In 2013 March got married to EEA, applied for resident card which was refused in September and I appealed and was allowed got my visa 2014 and I have also received my PR.
By Feb 2019 I would have held the PR for 1 year.
Your legal status time starts from the date you married.
When I went to court for my resident card in 2013 Homeoffice found that I had an application inside and I have the letter with me saying I have 2 applications inside.

My Question is that the the previous EEA dependant was hanging at Homeoffice around 2009 till I submitted my resident card can I count that as part of my 10 yrs resident when applying for Naturalization????
Likely only in March 2023, 10 years from the date you married your EU spouse. Applications before you married would have been as an extended family member or unmarried partner, which has no automatic rights.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Abeythedon
United Kingdom

Post by Abeythedon » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:15 pm

Thank you soon much Obi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:16 pm

Abeythedon wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:15 pm
Thank you soon much Obi
CR001 not Obie.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.