ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Spouse Visa - Clarification please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dhina1981
Newly Registered
India

HSMP Spouse Visa - Clarification please

Post by dhina1981 » Thu May 22, 2008 6:50 pm

Hi,

Please clarify my doubt about applying for HSMP spouse visa.

Iam on HSMP visa, working in UK for the last 9 months. Im getting married next month and will apply for spouse visa in india. Im confused with the maintenance fund criteria now. My questions are as follows

1. Which spouse visa category should I apply for my wife ?
2. Do I need to show maintenance fund (£1600) for the last 3 months or
is there any waiver till June 29th ?

Thanx in advance.

DT

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Fri May 23, 2008 3:04 am

You will need the VAF10 form for your spouse to apply for a dependent visa from India. The form (and the guidance notes) are available on the VFS website http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/pbsguidance.aspx

Unfortunately, there is no grace period for applications made in India. Hence, you will have to provide evidence that you have maintained the min. balance in your bank account for the entire 3 months.

You will also need to provide the following with the application:-
1. Copy of sponsor's passport and visa.
2. Proof of marriage.
3. Proof of adequate accommodation in UK.

Do go through the form / guidance to see if you need to provide any other documentary evidence in addition to the above.

regards
If you consider yourself highly skilled, think like one.
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.