ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal of Tier 2 Dependant Visa, COS number expiration

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Malihekrb
Newly Registered
Iran

Refusal of Tier 2 Dependant Visa, COS number expiration

Post by Malihekrb » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:15 am

Hi everybody, the information of the topics are truly great and happy to find his website!

I had a job offer from a university in UK and granted a Tier 2 visa on 25th September 2018.

My husband's visa was refused :cry: by some comments regarding the lack of evidence about the subsisting marriage, we have been married for 7 years and only provided the marriage certificate and the national ID certificate including the spouses' name. both documents are the most valid and official ones in my country. we went for an admin review but after 7 days still no response. in the admin review we explained about the validity of the marriage certificate and also the details of both of us registering for the on-campus accommodation, and mentioned to our travel to Turkey on our anniversary which could be verified through the stamps on visa on his passport copy, which was included in the VFS documents. do you think that this will work? as I said there is no response after 7 days.

For a probable second visa application, The documents that we can provide are:
the deed of a house we have bought together about 8 months ago, the mortgage and its payments for the last 8 month. Some pictures from the past 7 years.

Are these sufficient for getting a positive result? are the number of people receiving positive responses after the first refusal considerable?

The other point is, in my COS the university had given maintenance for my husband so we did not provide any financial documents and this was great since we did not have that much amount of money, can we still use that COS (before expiration) and use the maintenance option for the second application?
I mean now with my visa being granted, is the maintenance still valid?

any helps are highly appreciated

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Refusal of Tier 2 Dependant Visa, COS number expiration

Post by cyclina1 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:34 pm

Malihekrb wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:15 am
Hi everybody, the information of the topics are truly great and happy to find his website!

I had a job offer from a university in UK and granted a Tier 2 visa on 25th September 2018.

My husband's visa was refused :cry: by some comments regarding the lack of evidence about the subsisting marriage, we have been married for 7 years and only provided the marriage certificate and the national ID certificate including the spouses' name. both documents are the most valid and official ones in my country. we went for an admin review but after 7 days still no response. in the admin review we explained about the validity of the marriage certificate and also the details of both of us registering for the on-campus accommodation, and mentioned to our travel to Turkey on our anniversary which could be verified through the stamps on visa on his passport copy, which was included in the VFS documents. do you think that this will work? as I said there is no response after 7 days.

For a probable second visa application, The documents that we can provide are:
the deed of a house we have bought together about 8 months ago, the mortgage and its payments for the last 8 month. Some pictures from the past 7 years. You also needs at least 2-3 documents that you both are living in the same address. So basically you need to show them both of you share the financial responsibility (mortgage is sufficient) and living together (not difficult if married for 7 years)

If you and your partner travel together, you should also highlight them in both of your passport.

Are these sufficient for getting a positive result? are the number of people receiving positive responses after the first refusal considerable? If you can provide documents showing that you are in genuine and subsisting relationship, you can get it.

The other point is, in my COS the university had given maintenance for my husband so we did not provide any financial documents and this was great since we did not have that much amount of money, can we still use that COS (before expiration) and use the maintenance option for the second application?
No you cannot. second application must use bank saving, because CoS can only be used once in visa application.

I mean now with my visa being granted, is the maintenance still valid? No.

any helps are highly appreciated
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Refusal of Tier 2 Dependant Visa, COS number expiration

Post by cyclina1 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:35 pm

however in this case you just need to show you always have 630 GBP for 90 days (no a single day less than 630), because you are now just apply for your partner.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.