ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2(general) to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

harshatkanna
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier2(general) to ILR

Post by harshatkanna » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:44 pm

Hi All

I was initially employed with the company and they sponsored me. They did not pay me what they have agreed to pay on my COS. I worked in that company for two years and one fine day they company went on liquidation. That company do not exist anymore. I found another job and they pay me what they have mentioned in my COS and everything seems fine. I am due for an ILR this November, will my previous employment history affect my ILR application? Your replies will be much appreciated.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Tier2(general) to ILR

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:29 pm

I think if the salary of your first employment is still above the salary threshold of your CoS, than it should be OK, or at least the case is debatable.

If it is below the threshold, then you maybe in trouble.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Justlorde
India

Post by Justlorde » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:09 pm

As long as you earn above the threshold for ILR, for past 1 year, it should be okay. Do provide 6 months payslips along with bank statement.

harshatkanna
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by harshatkanna » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:40 am

I was paid 18,000 am not sure whether this was below the required amount for the COS. The company does not exist anymore. So advise me what needs to be done now.

Justlorde
India

Post by Justlorde » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:53 pm

harshatkanna wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:40 am
I was paid 18,000 am not sure whether this was below the required amount for the COS. The company does not exist anymore. So advise me what needs to be done now.
Think unless you're care worker, you need to earn above £36Kish (approx) to get ILR and should be evident for at least 6 months/1 year to avoid raising suspicion. On this forum you will see a lot of members who were flagged and process delayed as they needed to audit the case.

harshatkanna
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by harshatkanna » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:06 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your reply, I was getting paid 18,000 back in 2013, in my previous employment and that company doesn't exist anymore. Currently, I am getting paid the 36K, which is correct and that's what shows in my payslip and that's the amount goes to my bank account, am eligible to apply for an ILR. Do you still think I will be having an issue?

Justlorde
India

Post by Justlorde » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:02 pm

Should be okay in that case, if it was from 2013!

Good Luck :)

harshatkanna
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by harshatkanna » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:20 pm

Guys any new update, or any news on this issue? For the first two years I have got paid less from a different employer, will that affect my ILR?