ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp4 without GNIB Card, can`t start work!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samett
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Stamp4 without GNIB Card, can`t start work!

Post by samett » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:10 pm

Hello everyone,
I am an Eu citizen and have been working in Dublin since April 2018. My non-Eu wife joined me in June with C visa join spouse and she applied for Gnib card. But in the meantime she got a temporary Stamp4 in her passport and it says she does not need a work permit until April 2019. So she applied for a job and got accepted. But the company wants a Gnib card now? Was wondering if anyone can help me on this matter. Does she really need a Gnib card to start work in Ireland or Stamp4 in her passport would be enough? Some of the people told me that she should get a temporary residence card in 2-3 weeks after she got the Stamp4. But we haven`t received anything but a letter that says her application is in process, they have every documents that they need and there will be taken a decision before January 2019. There was not anything related to a temporary residence card.
Thanks.