ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Brother in Pakistan

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

haidhu80
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Brother in Pakistan

Post by haidhu80 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:50 pm

Dear friends,

I know someone might have asked this question many times but I did not find any answer. I am a British citizen and my brother is in Pakistan. I checked on inis.gov.ie website and it says that EU national can apply for a family member to join or accompany him to Ireland. It says about "qualifying family member" and other family member.

My question is, can I apply for my brother in Pakistan to come to Ireland as an other family member? He is 28 years old and I have been sending him money to support him. I send him money almost every month for last 1 year.

I really appreciate your time and advise and I thank you in advance.

Kind regards.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Brother in Pakistan

Post by max307 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:29 pm

haidhu80 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:50 pm
Dear friends,

I know someone might have asked this question many times but I did not find any answer. I am a British citizen and my brother is in Pakistan. I checked on inis.gov.ie website and it says that EU national can apply for a family member to join or accompany him to Ireland. It says about "qualifying family member" and other family member.

My question is, can I apply for my brother in Pakistan to come to Ireland as an other family member? He is 28 years old and I have been sending him money to support him. I send him money almost every month for last 1 year.

Kind regards.
Technically you can apply but it will be hard for you to prove financial dependency, the fact that you sent “him money almost every month for last 1 year” does not prove financial dependency. How was he supporting himself before that?

INIS views dependency as if it weren’t for your support your brother in Pakistan won’t be able to support himself, unfortunately you have been only supporting him financially for some months in the last year and that will be a red flag.

Apologies for my bluntness but dependency cases these days are harder to get approved.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

arz1986
- thin ice -

Post by arz1986 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:33 am

plz dnt come to ireland to apply for brother case. it is very difficult her try sweden or any other eu country

haidhu80
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by haidhu80 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:17 am

max307 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:29 pm
haidhu80 wrote:
Dear friends,

Kind regards.
Technically you can apply but it will be hard for you to prove financial dependency, the fact that you sent “him money almost every month for last 1 year” does not prove financial dependency. How was he supporting himself before that?

INIS views dependency as if it weren’t for your support your brother in Pakistan won’t be able to support himself, unfortunately you have been only supporting him financially for some months in the last year and that will be a red flag.

Apologies for my bluntness but dependency cases these days are harder to get approved.
Thank you very much for taking your time out amd replying my message. Your reply was compact and to the point. I just wanted to confirm if it is possible or not. I know that it will be hard to the expent of impossibilities. I really appreciate that u took your time out to reply me.

Sad-87
Ireland

Post by Sad-87 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:45 pm

haidhu80 wrote:
Dear friends,

Kind regards.

Salam brother ,
I have submitted the same application for my Residence card and my brother suported me for more than a year and i had all the paperwork to prove this ..
I submitted application in oct 2016
Initial application refused in july 2017.
And its been 15 months and im still waiting for my review decision. (My friend has been waiting for 17months).
One of my friends visa was refused he moved to italy and opened a business over there and got the visa.
My honest advice would be to try in some other EU country (italy/Portugal are good to get residence permit).
I hope i was of some help :)
Anything else you need to know just ask below.
God Bless you.
Allah hafiz.

haidhu80
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by haidhu80 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:10 am

Sad-87 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:45 pm
haidhu80 wrote:
Dear friends,

Kind regards.

Salam brother ,
I have submitted the same application for my Residence card and my brother suported me for more than a year and i had all the paperwork to prove this ..
And its been 15 months and im still waiting for my review decision. (My friend has been waiting for 17months).
One of my friends visa was refused he moved to italy and opened a business over there and got the visa.
My honest advice would be to try in some other EU country (italy/Portugal are good to get residence permit).
God Bless you.
Allah hafiz.
Dear Sad-87
Thank you very much for your reply. You know the rules are different than the policy of every country. It is really hard. I want to sort out things before Brexit so that if we have any chance for our family to come to Europe under EU before Brexit than it will be better. I haven no ideal how it works for Italy or Portugal. Do you have any information if you can share please. Jazakallah brother.

Sad-87
Ireland

Post by Sad-87 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:40 pm

haidhu80 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:10 am
Sad-87 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:45 pm
haidhu80 wrote:
Dear friends,

Kind regards.

Salam brother ,
God Bless you.
Allah hafiz.
Dear Sad-87
Thank you very much for your reply. You know the rules are different than the policy of every country. It is really hard. I want to sort out things before Brexit so that if we have any chance for our family to come to Europe under EU before Brexit than it will be better. I haven no ideal how it works for Italy or Portugal. Do you have any information if you can share please. Jazakallah brother.
Salam brother,
I haven't got all the details about Italy but one of my friends moved over there and opened a mobile accessories shop and got the visa (thats what he tells me not sure how he got the visa).

About Portugal i have been researching a lot for a family member and it goes something like this:

1) Try to get any shengen Visa for you brother it does not matter which country (e.g Latvia)
2) When your brother arrives in Latvia, He can travel by road or by air to 26 shengen countries on the same visitor/tourist visa (Fly to portugal)
3) Once he is in Portugal he has to register at an office that he has entered legally in Portugal on a valid shengen visa
4) Try to find any kind of job for him(e.g restaurant, farming etc)
5) If you can't find a job then you (EU citizen) can open any small shop (e.g mobile,barber,takeaway) and give him a job in the shop
6)He takes the job letter to the office and informs them he got a job
7) He (your brother) pays six months tax
8) He applies for a residence card

It takes about 16-20 months to get Temporary Residence permit valid for 1 year (renewable every 2 years)
After five years of Residency he applies for Citizenship (Portuguese Passport).

P.s he can not leave the country in the first 16-20 months while his application is pending..
Once he gets the temporary residence card he can be absent from the country for 4 months in a year.

The above information is correct till today but Make sure you get an advice from a solicitor as well.