ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long term absence coz of pregnancy

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mkdr
India

Long term absence coz of pregnancy

Post by mkdr » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:02 am

Hi guys, I have a question regarding long term absence from the state for citizenship application.
I am planning to apply for my wife's citizenship on the basis of my Irish citizenship. She needs three years of residence in the state according to application form. But she was absent from the state for nearly 8 months coz of pregnancy. But she had a valid stamp and visa during that period. We went to India but she could not come back coz of medical problems. I can explain this absence to them as I also have doctor letter from back home explaining this. Currently, she is in Ireland for continuous last 2 years. So, should I apply for her citizenship now or better to wait for another 8 months? Will appreciate help and suggestions. Thanks

Iggy4
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Long term absence coz of pregnancy

Post by Iggy4 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:37 am

I think you should wait another 8 months for sure, they dont accept any longer absences from state over 6 weeks in the final year before citizenship application, at least I got that info over the phone with INIS.

mkdr
India

Re: Long term absence coz of pregnancy

Post by mkdr » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:54 pm

Thanks for your reply. This absence was two years ago. Last one year has continuous residence without any absence.