ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 CoS start date and actual start date

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

glasgowedinburgh2000
India

Tier2 CoS start date and actual start date

Post by glasgowedinburgh2000 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:02 am

Hi All,

I'm currently in between jobs in the UK and my new employer is in process of creating my Cos. They asked me when can I start and I mentioned 29th October. I had earlier received job offer/contract with start date of 5th September but this got delayed as due to RLMT etc. My questions are:

1. For creating the CoS is it required for them to upload my offer document and if so does it need to have the new date of 29th October?

2. As it's 13th today, and if they give Start date of job as 29th October and my visa is not approved by then or brp does not arrive then can I start working in say November once brp arrives and they dont need to change any visa documentation/CoS?

Regards
Sam

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Tier2 CoS start date and actual start date

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:40 pm

glasgowedinburgh2000 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:02 am
Hi All,

I'm currently in between jobs in the UK and my new employer is in process of creating my Cos. They asked me when can I start and I mentioned 29th October. I had earlier received job offer/contract with start date of 5th September but this got delayed as due to RLMT etc. My questions are:

1. For creating the CoS is it required for them to upload my offer document and if so does it need to have the new date of 29th October? As much as I know, sponsors are not required to upload offer letter to create COS. I believe your case in Unrestricted COS

2. As it's 13th today, and if they give Start date of job as 29th October and my visa is not approved by then or brp does not arrive then can I start working in say November once brp arrives and they dont need to change any visa documentation/CoS?
The start date on the COS is the date the company agrees to start sponsoring you, the approval date/ start date on your BRP is the date you can legally start working for the company. you shouldn't start working for the company until you have your BRP.

Regards
Sam
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

glasgowedinburgh2000
India

Post by glasgowedinburgh2000 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:59 pm

Thanks Djsuccess for your reply. On point2, my main query was - Can I starting working after the CoS start date or I have to start on the Cos start date? I.e if Cos has job start date as 29th October, Can I start work on 15 November. It's unrestricted CoS and I'm in the UK

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:16 pm

glasgowedinburgh2000 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:59 pm
Thanks Djsuccess for your reply. On point2, my main query was - Can I starting working after the CoS start date or I have to start on the Cos start date? I.e if Cos has job start date as 29th October, Can I start work on 15 November. It's unrestricted CoS and I'm in the UK
You can't start working until you have your new BRP
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Sam2525
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sam2525 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:02 pm

Hi ,

While applying for RCOS my start date was mentioned as 15th Dec, 2018, and the same was granted, but I need to serve 3 months notice period which is ending on Dec 28th, 2018.

The rcos is not yet assigned , can I change my start date to Jan 2, 2019 instead in 15th Dec, 2018 as I need to serve my notice period .

There will be change in the start date from 15th dec, 2018 to Jan 02, 2019 in the actual RCOS which will get assigned to me

can you please let me know if its ok to change the start date while assigning the RCOS

Sam2525
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sam2525 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:14 pm

can someone reply to me please

SevazKazan19
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by SevazKazan19 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:22 pm

HI,

Start date can be changed using "comments" field in your COS.

I had my start date changed in that manner.

Regards,