ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marrying in Spain then working afterwards

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lolly
Newly Registered

Marrying in Spain then working afterwards

Post by Lolly » Fri May 23, 2008 2:36 am

Anyone who can help me at this point would be a life saver. I have been searching for 6 months, trying to call consulates, researching online and to no prevail.

I am graduating college on August first and moving to Spain on August 2nd to finally be back again with my Fiance. We want to get married but we are really concerned about me being out of work for a long time.

First question: 1) he found out information about what I need to do before I can go there and it says I need a "special visa", medical insurance, police report, medical report, and proof of financial solvency. So in other words, if I went there without all this stuff I wouldn´t be able to have the residency permit? and what is a "special visa" I have never heard of this. I would ask the Spanish consulate in Miami but they do not answer phone calls nor emails.

Second question: 2) I read disagreeing information about this: Once we are married when can I begin working. The civil registry office told him today it might take 3 months to get my residency permit. Is residency permit the same thing as work authorization? Is there a such thing as temporary work authorization like in the US?

We are only going to live in Spain for 1 year until we are coming back to the US for him to begin his doctorate degree in August 09. I just don´t want to be stuck in Spain doing nothing for a long period of time. We chose to get married in Spain instead of the US because in the US these forms cost thousands of dollars and we are recent grads.

I had a residency permit before for Sweden in 06-07 for one year because I was a student there and it was the easiest thing to do. I applied online and one week later was granted it. There was no interview or any of that.

General information: I´m a US Citizen in Florida, my Fiance is a Spanish citizen in A Coruña.

Seriously- I will be eternally grateful for any direction.

guru_dutt
Newly Registered

Post by guru_dutt » Fri May 23, 2008 9:37 am

hi

let me tell you just a short cut, y dont you guys just marry here in us and thn apply Schengen visa and start your resident permit process in spain, thats the easy way. thats what i did