ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment Letter for Dependant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hassanejaz1
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Dependent of a Tier 2 General

Post by hassanejaz1 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:55 am

Hi,

I have a few questions regarding the dependent tier 2 visa. I'll be applying for dependent visa and my spouse is based in UK working for the NHS on a Tier 2 visa. Her visa expires in AUG 2019. I am currently working in UAE and my residency visa expires on 30th May 2019. I'll be making the application around 15th Dec 2018. I want to know if i need a minimum 6 month residency in order to make the application from Dubai or i need to do it from my home country? I asked one of the lawyers and he said that i should have residency for 1 year at least in order to apply. it didn't make sense to me and i didn't find any answer on gov uk website or here. Another question, does my spouse need to provide me with her private residence like contractual agreement or something? i am asking this because currently she is living in the hospital accommodation. So is it important to show that too?
For how long i'll be granted the visa for? would it be till Aug 2019 in case of successful application as my spouses visa expires at that time. what happens next if that's the case? i'll pay the same amount for extension again?

And i'd be glad if someone could share with me a latest checklist of document that i would be needing for this visa process.

TIA!

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Dependent of a Tier 2 General

Post by cyclina1 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:11 pm

hassanejaz1 wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:55 am
Hi,

I have a few questions regarding the dependent tier 2 visa. I'll be applying for dependent visa and my spouse is based in UK working for the NHS on a Tier 2 visa. Her visa expires in AUG 2019. I am currently working in UAE and my residency visa expires on 30th May 2019. I'll be making the application around 15th Dec 2018. I want to know if i need a minimum 6 month residency in order to make the application from Dubai or i need to do it from my home country? I asked one of the lawyers and he said that i should have residency for 1 year at least in order to apply. it didn't make sense to me and i didn't find any answer on gov uk website or here. Another question, does my spouse need to provide me with her private residence like contractual agreement or something? i am asking this because currently she is living in the hospital accommodation. So is it important to show that too? If she is now living in the hospital accommodation, then she need to move before you apply. it will be complicated if you have nowhere to live.
For how long i'll be granted the visa for? would it be till Aug 2019 in case of successful application as my spouses visa expires at that time. Yes. what happens next if that's the case? Extension based on the expiry date of your wife if she renews. i'll pay the same amount for extension again? Yes.

And i'd be glad if someone could share with me a latest checklist of document that i would be needing for this visa process.

evidences and documents that you are in genuine and subsisting relationship.

TIA!
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

hassanejaz1
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by hassanejaz1 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:56 am

Thank you for your reply.
One more question in my original post if you could please answer about my Residency expiration of UAE.

I want to know if i need a minimum 6 month residency in order to make the application from Dubai or i need to do it from my home country?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:58 am

You must make the application in a country where you have legal residence, ie. NOT a visitor.

Not sure why you believe there is a 6 month residency required. You obviously do not want to end up waiting and overstaying in any country where you are residence as a non visitor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hassanejaz1
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by hassanejaz1 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:00 am

Thank you for the clarification :)

hassanejaz1
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Employment Letter for Dependant

Post by hassanejaz1 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:36 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to ask that my wife stays in hospital accommodation and its mentioned on the employment letter that has been issued by the HR of her hospital where she is working as a Doctor. My question is that is it necessary for us to have a separate accommodation details and papers in order for me to apply for the dependent visa? The letter states that clearly with the address of the accommodation as well.
Please advise as we don't want it to be the sole rejection reason. We have collected and fulfilled the rest of the requirements.

Thank you! :)