ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS for PBS Dependant - Main Applicant on ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shaniuk
Newly Registered

IHS for PBS Dependant - Main Applicant on ILR

Post by shaniuk » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:28 pm

Hi there,
I recently got my ILR on Tier 2 (general). My wife is applying for PBS Dependant Extension to complete her 5 years continuous stay in the UK. For the PBS Dependant Extension, she needs to pay the IHS. The IHS form requires visa expiry date of the main applicant.

Since my ILR was approved yesterday I have not received the BRP. I am wondering, which date she should mention about the visa expiry of the main applicant:

Since her visa will be expiring in the next couple of days, we cannot wait for the BRP of the main applicant to arrive by post.

Following text is copied from the IHS form.
The person you're joining or remaining with
Enter their visa expiry date
For example, 20 3 1976
Day
Month
Year

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IHS for PBS Dependant - Main Applicant on ILR

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:49 pm

Your ILR brp card will expire on 31st December 2024.

For your spouses extension, put your ILR expiring date 3 years forward to get the correct Ihs of £600.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:55 pm

Where the Points Based System migrant has obtained settlement and their partner applies for further leave to remain as a Points Based System dependant, the duration of any leave will be for three years at a time to allow for the possibility that the partner will not meet the requirements for settlement on completion of the five year probationary period.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nikhil21
Newly Registered
India

Post by nikhil21 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:06 pm

Hi
Can someone please help with this.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:18 pm

vinny wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:55 pm
Where the Points Based System migrant has obtained settlement and their partner applies for further leave to remain as a Points Based System dependant, the duration of any leave will be for three years at a time to allow for the possibility that the partner will not meet the requirements for settlement on completion of the five year probationary period.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.