ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent Extension - BRP Number, and Certify the Maintenance

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shaniuk
Newly Registered

PBS Dependent Extension - BRP Number, and Certify the Maintenance

Post by shaniuk » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:08 am

Hi there,
My wife is applying for PBS Dependent Extension. The online application form requires the BRP number of the main applicant. I have been recently granted Indefinite Leave to Remain through Tier 2 (General) route, my BPR has yet not arrived. It is expected to arrive in next 10 working days. Since my wife's visa is expiring in 4 days, she cannot wait for my BRP to arrive.

I am wondering, can my wife use my old BRP number which was valid before ILR was granted?

On the form, she also needs to answer "Has the main applicant's sponsor agreed to certify your maintenance?" Yes/No.
I receive monthly salary and there is no further support from the sponsor. So should she select "No" for the sponsor agreed to certify the maintenance?

- Thank you.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: PBS Dependent Extension - BRP Number, and Certify the Maintenance

Post by cyclina1 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:24 pm

shaniuk wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:08 am
Hi there,
My wife is applying for PBS Dependent Extension. The online application form requires the BRP number of the main applicant. I have been recently granted Indefinite Leave to Remain through Tier 2 (General) route, my BPR has yet not arrived. It is expected to arrive in next 10 working days. Since my wife's visa is expiring in 4 days, she cannot wait for my BRP to arrive.

I am wondering, can my wife use my old BRP number which was valid before ILR was granted? Yes. In this case she should submit the application first, when you submit supporting documents, you also submit your ILR BRP and explain in the cover letter why you use old BRP in the online application.

On the form, she also needs to answer "Has the main applicant's sponsor agreed to certify your maintenance?" Yes/No. No.
I receive monthly salary and there is no further support from the sponsor. So should she select "No" for the sponsor agreed to certify the maintenance? Select No. and your/ your partner's bank must have enough money no less than 630GBP within 90 days.

- Thank you.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.