ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Guidance on Online application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Poorsaint
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Guidance on Online application

Post by Poorsaint » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:44 pm

Hi.
I am completing online naturalisation application.
I have a question if somebody could help me out.

--Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?
I have put the details when i applied for ILR via premium service. But after completing this, it also asks for any other immigration applications.In my case, these would be all the Tier 2 (leave to remain) applications.
Do I need to mention all of them for the past 5-6 years? Obviously, I don't remember when did I apply.

Many thanks,

Ancestor
South Africa

Re: Guidance on Online application

Post by Ancestor » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:01 pm

Poorsaint wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:44 pm
Hi.
I am completing online naturalisation application.
I have a question if somebody could help me out.

--Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?
I have put the details when i applied for ILR via premium service. But after completing this, it also asks for any other immigration applications.In my case, these would be all the Tier 2 (leave to remain) applications.
Do I need to mention all of them for the past 5-6 years? Obviously, I don't remember when did I apply.

Many thanks,
Hi,

You need list ALL prior immigration applications including Visitor Visas if applicable in your own name per advice and comments on the Forum. I listed all including Visit Visa in 2004.

Some parts of the questions wrt these indicate "If known?".

Poorsaint
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Poorsaint » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:31 pm

Thanks and Wow!!! Thats gonna be too much information and I don't have all of it either. I don't know exactly when did I apply my previous Tier2 visas.
Its interesting to note that the actual AN paper form does not ask you the previous immigration history.I am not sure why they ask us all this information while filling the online application form...
I have booked a NDRS appointment with the council. Can i print and fill the AN paper form and apply through that??

Thanks

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:15 pm

Poorsaint wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:31 pm
Thanks and Wow!!! Thats gonna be too much information and I don't have all of it either. I don't know exactly when did I apply my previous Tier2 visas.
Its interesting to note that the actual AN paper form does not ask you the previous immigration history.I am not sure why they ask us all this information while filling the online application form...
I have booked a NDRS appointment with the council. Can i print and fill the AN paper form and apply through that??

Thanks
If you do NDRS, you have to fill in and submit the Online application. It allows you to keep adding previous immigration history entries and some of the questions do indicate "if known" or you can apply for a SAR as some have indicated and explained, which apparently will give you your full immigration history. I didn't do so myself, but it does ask to choose of 3 different levels, but am unknow as to which one would give the required information.

Poorsaint
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Poorsaint » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:19 pm

Thanks Ancestor..
1-I will have to search through my computer and find the previous immigration application details.When they ask for reference number, would the BRP number suffice or it requires the actual reference num
of the application form submitted?(i may have either of these 2 for different applications)
2- how do u apply for SAR and what does it stand for??

Thanks for ur help.

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:28 pm

Poorsaint wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:19 pm
Thanks Ancestor..
1-I will have to search through my computer and find the previous immigration application details.When they ask for reference number, would the BRP number suffice or it requires the actual reference num
of the application form submitted?(i may have either of these 2 for different applications) I gave (after consulting with a moderator here) my BRP number on the card and the visa ref. numbers top right on visas stuck in my passport.
2- how do u apply for SAR and what does it stand for?? SAR = Subject Access request, as I say, I haven't/didn't do so can't really help further, but google and you will find.

Thanks for ur help.