ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is EEA FP required for SS applications

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

llp
Newly Registered

Is EEA FP required for SS applications

Post by llp » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:18 am

Hi all

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find this specific example.

With regard to the SS route before Brexit (29th March 2019) is there any requirement to first apply for an EEA FP?

Currently we are living in Malta, I am British, wife non-EU, we both have Maltese RC's (her's article 10) - we have travelled to the UK numerous times and had no trouble with the airline or immigration - my wife has always received a stamp in her passport.

We were planning to come back to Britain in mid-December (end of rental lease) and initially stay at my parent's house and apply for the RC under SS?

But having read the thread below, it appears that another couple are in a similar position to us, but they are applying for an EEA FP before they travel to the UK? Is this really necessary? I hope not, as I don't believe we will have enough time to do this AND apply for the RC prior to 29th March 2019.

eea-route-applications/surinder-singh-a ... 64234.html

Thanks

LLP

llp
Newly Registered

Re: Is EEA FP required for SS applications

Post by llp » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:54 am

Just found this thread, which more or less answers my question.

eea-route-applications/article-10-resid ... 35016.html

So unless someone has any other information, this is no advantage, and possibly a great disadvantage in applying for an EEA FP, rather than just using the Article 10 card?

Therefore my next question is, as I will be a "Qualified Person" looking for a job (I will register with Jobs Plus), then neither my wife or I (or our daughter - Irish passport holder) will require CSI?

Thanks,

LLP.

P.S. Really sickening to read that thread, as each time we entered the UK for a short visit using the Article 10 card, the immigration officer "suggested" that it would "easier" if we applied for the EEA FP? I couldn't really see what was difficult about completing a landing card, presenting our passports and EU RCs and then waiting for a few minutes whilst he/she retrieved the EEA Regulations stamp. Extremely glad I didn't listen to this "advice".